PCSX2 on xlink playing Socom 2
Hello I have endlessly searched on a tutorial on how to play Socom 2 on xlink kai using pcsx2, as far as I know it can be done as I've seen people in other threads saying they've done it. If someone could give me a bone on how i can accomplish this I would be so grateful. I miss Socom 2 =*(

Sponsored links

anyone?
Getting a game to go online using pcsx2 is tricky in of itself. You are much better off using your native ps2 and xlink kai.

I have personally got online on S1 when the servers were still up (RIP Socom online).

You need the MegaDev9 plugin here on these forums. Use the forums search bar at the top right. You need to make an iso of your game, patch the DNAS into the iso, and run it in pcsx2. The original thread explains it well how to do it. It is a long, multistep process.

Another issue is that Dev9 will make you have less fps so people will think you are a coder and vote you off. That happened to me in S1 when I tried to play using pcsx2. Another issue for S2. Back >10 years ago when I bought the game I needed to get a name-brand network adapter (and get rid of my MadCatz) as they blocked MAC addresses not matching their adapters. The same held true when attempting to use the Dev9 plugin. I would have to use MAC spoofing which is beyond my scope of knowledge.

Again for my final thought, use your native ps2 for xlink kai. Hopefully I will see you soon as I have just moved a couple weeks ago. I am slowly unpacking and would like to play S2 again as it has been a long time.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(03-15-2013, 09:17 PM)The Colt demon gun Wrote: Hello I have endlessly searched on a tutorial on how to play Socom 2 on xlink kai using pcsx2, as far as I know it can be done as I've seen people in other threads saying they've done it. If someone could give me a bone on how i can accomplish this I would be so grateful. I miss Socom 2 =*(
I'd die to play this on my pc lol
Again, see my above post.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

By patching the Dns of the socom 2 iso i have i will be able to join xlink kai? because its on lan not online for xlink so would i need to patch DNS for lan?
Socom 2 works on xlink fine i used it to dump raw the emulator is however laggy for in game play.
i usually are on kia is deicide/saya fine me ill explain how to configure perferct
I will try to find this game in local market today and if I get it will test the LAN play.

edit: Got the game. Disk was really old and had lots of scratches but seems to work so far. Will try LAN play later. Although I really find it impossible to control fps games on ps2 (and pcsx2), if anyone is willing to test this for online play please pm me.

edit2: LAN play seems to be working fine. No major problems as such.

[Image: nv6piRC.jpg]
your playing on lan on pcsx2? if so please explain how im almost positive i have everything setup right but i dont seem to find any rooms