PCSX2 performance randomly droping after 1 week
Last week I downloaded pcsx2 in hopes of playing persona 4. I had just got a new laptop and wanted to see if I could actually play it (I had previously tried on my old computer but it was very slow). At first the game was running perfectly fine. It never dropped below 60 fps, and if I disabled frame limiting it could get up to 300 fps in some portions of the game. However yesterday I booted up the game and it was running at 40 fps and wouldn't go any higher and sometimes it would fall to 20 fps. I tried changing the renderer and GS plugin as well as uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. I am new to emulators and don't know what else to try. Does anyone know what might have caused this or how to fix it, any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
make sure your laptop is plugged in and set max performance in power scheme, also make sure it not throttling do to heat