PCSX2 - pixel shaders not detected
Greets!

At the very beginning I am greatly sorry if there is a post concerning my case - i've been tryin to fix ma problem for 1h now and i failed. It's freaking depressing... alright! So here we go!

pcsx2 v1.0 (pcsx2-r5406) is not recognizin my devices properly as it seems.

here's the spec:
gfx: amd radeon hd 6850 (pixel shader 5.0!)
cpu: amd phenomII x6 - 3.2ghz
ram: 8gb

..I find my pc decent - decent enough to run smoothly most of the thing out there..and when I see pixel paradise of one of my fav. games that Ive been dyin to play for years now it's killing me..grrr!

alright - le problem: pixel shader support is not recognized. I cannot set up any of em.. and as mentioned - im gettin a pixel kicking a pixel - athlough at very regular speed - around 60-65fps

I am using default plugins for pcsx.

Please help me guys! Laugh

cheers!

pleash - tell me how can i activate it

Sponsored links

You are using PCSX2 v1.1.
If you are using the gsdx (with pcsx2 v1.1) then make sure you have selected amd radeon hd 6850 as the Graphics Adapter.
Try updating the Drivers, and installing DirectX June 2010 Redistributable.

GSDX won't run without Pixel Shader. Are you able to boot into bios etc. if yes, then pcsx2 recognizes shader model 5.0.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Yes I am using gsdx. my drivers are up to date, and directx june 2010 redist just got installed - didnt help tho.
I am able to boot bios and run games.

Screenshot of my gfx window included below. clearly shaders are missing.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/pcsx11log.jpg/
clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about Laugh.

that along with not providing a screenshot of the error
a log after the error occurs

and my not being sure whether you're a pirate (because if you really wanted to play a game you wouldn't need an emulator for it)......
well - i havent used pcsx2 till now. In SS of older versions of emu, I saw there was a possibility to choose a shader, which I cannot do - that's all.. which results in bad looking of the game (which i fixed by customizing the resolution to 1920x1080 from "ps2 native").

Ps. Mr. Squall, I find your post very disturbing. It brings no proper solution to my problem but some funny accusations instead..It's emu forum - it's so easy to make me a pirate..so so easy -- the thing is..I really don't care Laugh