Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PCSX2-r1888 faster than beta 0.9.7
Hi,

I've tried Persona3 with the r1888 and the beta 0.9.7, with the result that the 0.9.7 is much slower than the r1888. I've played a bit with the settings,
but I do not get more FPS.

With r1888 I reach around 58-60 FPS (With speedhacks and no problems), with the 0.9.7 ill only get 40-55 FPS (With speedhacks and no problems).
Is this normal? Is there anything i need to change in the settings?

Thank you

Sponsored links

The speedhacks and options in 0.9.7 are now different than in r1888.And ive noticed this too.Sonic Unleashed is faster on menus on r1888.But only when my CPU is heavily loaded but when its not the speeds are the same...
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
try changing the vu rec to super vu and before you ask where it's on config->emulation settings-> VUs.
I notice no improvement if I change the vu rec to super vu.
I think I'll have to use the older version. Smile
maybe some settings are simply not yet active in 0.9.7.

Thank you Smile
I find that 0.9.7 version generates less graphic glitches.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24
Some actual and future changes should be expected to worsen the performance since the accuracy/precision has about the same importance and indeed is more important because the PC hardware itself evolves in time.

Still, the performance is not neglected and it enhances too, at least to the point of keeping the balance.

What this mean? somethings may be faster on previous versions while others can be a bit slower, but the overall/average quality is improving all the way...
And yes, a few things may get worsen/broken and needing fix while many others are bettered, that's the way developments advances.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I must agree that 0.97 is quite faster. I have a weaker machine, so I can notice any change in framerates, as rarely can I play at full speed. The newest version boosts framerates (even up to about 15 frames more for me, depending on the game). It is a more stable version in terms of game compatibility and bugs as well...
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.
I noticed the drop in fps from 200 to 150 with r1888 and 0.9.7 beta, but that's not really of much concern to me as I play at 60fps (limited) anyways. I do enjoy the crispier graphics the newer gsdx plugin brings though.
CPU: i7 930 @ 2.8GHz(Everyday)/3.6GHz(Gaming)/4.0GHz(Encoding)
GPU: Geforce GTX 480 @ 850MHz/1001MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E
RAM: 2x3 6GB OCZ @ 1527MHz 8-8-8-24