PCSX2 r3878 - Burnout 3 crashing
Hey all,

I have 0.9.7 beta, r3878. I can play other games just fine, albeit slowly, such as Katamari Damacy and Shadow of the Colossus.

I can start up Burnout 3, and I can select a race, then it goes through the driver training video. After that, it hits the loading screen, and crashes just before loading the actual section of gameplay.

If I set GSdx9 to Software Rendering, then it runs fine, but obviously with greatly reduced performance.

My system:
P4 3.2GHz
GF 6600GT
1.5GB RAM
WinXP

I left pretty much everything at default settings, but if you'd like more information, please ask.

Any ideas on how to get the game to run?

Sponsored links

kindly attach your emulog.txt.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I was playing around with some of the GSdx9 settings on this run (in an effort to find a solution through trial and error), but when I left everything at the default, I'm pretty sure it was exactly the same.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 10,33 KB / Downloads: 235)
What are your GSdx settings? Try enabling the "native" and enabling/disabling the "allow 8-bit textures" options.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've tried every combination of those two settings, and crashed every time.

Also, I was running an old version of the Nvidia drivers, and I just updated to the newest drivers, and still crash in the same spot.
Just to give more info, I tried PCSX2 with GSdx 1.13, and it still crashed, but it got a few frames farther. Instead of crashing on the map loading screen, it crashed on one of the first frames of actual gameplay.