PCSX2 ran perfectly last Spring, but now has framerate issues.
(01-22-2014, 07:52 PM)ratturu Wrote: No, I had absolutely the same settings (checked 1000 times because I couldn't believe how slow it was)
The only difference that I noticed was that in the zip file of r5802 compiled by the build bot there was only one pcsx2 exe (and not the usual two - btw why are there 2 exes?) and that on top bar r5802 didn't show PCSX2 version number.
Now r5820 has again the two exes and the version number on top bar (5782)
So now I suppose it was a temporary compiling problem of the build bot

Yeah I believe a software update happened not long ago and for a short while all builds had revision 0 hehe, that was fixed by now AFAIK Smile

I will repeat, just tried the newest SVN on my less-powerful Macbook Pro on Windows 8 Pro and it works as expected with no slowdowns with the recommended speed hacks, no MTVU and GSdx sse4.1 at 720p with the highest selectable DirectX version... it should work fine for you guys...

Sponsored links

(01-22-2014, 07:40 PM)willkuer Wrote: Or you just forgot to use the same settings...

To OP:
The question is how fast the fps jump. If it is in seconds-range or even faster I would not believe that heat is the problem. If it has stable 60fps for some seconds and then some seconds lower fps. Than heat-throttling would be my favorite.

The fps will continuously jump between the 40-45 range and the 55-60 range very quickly and sporadically, sometimes remaining low for upwards of 5-10 seconds before returning high and sometimes dropping for only a second or two, but the cycle is near continuous. There's rarely a moment when there isn't fps drop of some kind.