PCSX2 repeated crashing on startup
Hi, I recently upgrade to a newer version (a3cd81c on the git page) and now the emulator keeps crashing when I go to run it, not on any game just on loading the emulator itself. It eventually does load fine and run beautifully, but it sometimes takes several tries to get it to work. I don't have any way to tell what is causing it as there is no error message other than the standard Windows one of '*** has stopped working' etc. If anyone could please give me some advice as to how to fix this, I would be most appreciative.

My specs, in case it is needed:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM @ 2.4 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M
RAM: 12GB DDR3

Sponsored links

The Windows build of the newer builds has been made with Visual C++ 2013. You need to install the Visual C++ 2013 (x86) runtime package to run it.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I have it installed. I double checked that after reading the troubleshooting FAQ. It hasn't solved my issue.
Can you try to reinstall/repair it? Maybe the installation is corrupt.

Is the emulog (\logs\emulog.txt) updated when it crashes or does it stop working before the log file is created?
It crashes before the log is created I think. I suppose I could try to reinstall it, all of my settings are in a separate directory anyways, so I probably wouldn't have to redo them. I'll edit this post once I've tried that.
I actually meant vc redist... I don't think that this is a pcsx2 issue.

Another idea would be to update directX again.

pcsx2 crashes at startup either if vc redist is missing or corrupt or a bit later if directX is not updated... (or you compiled it wrongly)
I'll have to try that I guess. Hmm, I do have older vc redists as well, could they be causing problems?
(01-12-2015, 02:13 PM)Soultpp Wrote: I'll have to try that I guess. Hmm, I do have older vc redists as well, could they be causing problems?
Did you try reinstalling/repairing it ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Tried to both repair, then reinstall the redist but did not solve the problem. I'm not sure how to update directX for sure. If it doesn't come through Windows Update or an auto updater it probably won't have been updated for a while.
Use the redist package of Directx then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go