PCSX2 running poorly. Suggestions?
First off i would like to thank everyone involved in the development and support of this Application.

I am a total noob when it comes to Emulators so please bare with me.Blush
I figured i would give a run-down of what settings and hardware I am running.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hardware Specs:

CPU: Q6600 @ 3.42 Ghz
MB: DFI DK X38
PSU: Corsair TX750
RAM: G. Skill 4x2GB (8 GB)
GPU: Visiontek HD4870
HDD: 250gb 7200 x16mb Cache + 500gb"" ""storage
Sound: Dynex DX SC51

PCSX2 Plugins:

Graphics: GSdx 890(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3)0.1.14
Sound: GiGaherz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0
Controllers: LilyPad 0.9.9
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.6.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
USB: USBnull 0.5.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

I tried running PCSX2 0.9.4 with God of War and had major artifacting so I downloaded the 0.9.5 and the problem became "fixed". The problem i am having now is exceedingly low FPS. I'm talking less than 10 frames a second!

I find this puzzling because in the Compatibility guide(found here: http://www.pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key) it lists it as playable. I have tried various different graphics plugins, starting with ZeroGS and moving on to GSDX.

GSDX10 Settings:

Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
D3D Internal Res: 1680*1050
SW rend. threads: 1

NLOOP hack: Yes/No
Texture filtering: Yes
Wait vsync: Yes

I tried full screen along with windowed mode to see if i could tell any performance increase and it seemed to run about the same.

i tried messing with Interlacing and it seems to make the screen shake at different settings but doesn't help performance.

I have since tried Final Fantasy X with NLOOP hack and that game is running poorly also.

Also, the sound is out of sync no matter what plugin i use.

If anyone can help or has ANY input or suggestions that could improve my PCSX2 gaming experience i would greatly appreciate your input.

Sponsored links

Alright i fixed the laggy problem with FFX.

heres what i did:

I had to go into CPU configuration and enable MTGS and DC mode *facepalm*. I'm a noob Sad

Also the sound plugin i was using was no good. Switched it up to PEOp SPU2 1.9.0 and souns id waaaay better for me.

I looked at the compatibility chart again and it seems GOW will not work right until 0.9.6.
(02-27-2009, 07:24 AM)kkbob33 Wrote: Alright i fixed the laggy problem with FFX.

heres what i did:

I had to go into CPU configuration and enable MTGS and DC mode *facepalm*. I'm a noob Sad

Also the sound plugin i was using was no good. Switched it up to PEOp SPU2 1.9.0 and souns id waaaay better for me.

I looked at the compatibility chart again and it seems GOW will not work right until 0.9.6.

If you really want some nice sound (and I mean nice), go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3800.html
(02-27-2009, 07:52 AM)nintendo85 Wrote: If you really want some nice sound (and I mean nice), go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3800.html

Thanks ill give it a try Smile +rep if i could

edit: tried it and it crashed PCSX2