PCSX2 running slow? PCSX2 0.9.7 stalls on me
Well, I am trying to emulate persona 3 (my brother stumbled onto my ps2 while he was drunk >.>) and I saw that my CPU should only need to have a clock of about 3.4ghz. Well, I'm using the AMD phenom II x4 965 @4GHZ!!! I have an ATI Radeon 5770, and 8gigs of DDR3 1600mhz ram, and yet I still see my performance go down to 30% at some parts. I don't really see why this is, it is set up for using dual core so its getting 8ghz of power if I'm not mistaken. I tried single core, but then I seem to run at about 60% speed through a lot of the beginning of "The Answer" Am I doing something wrong? Or is something I have just bad for the emulator? Your responses would really mean a lot to me ^^

thats solved

Now pcsx2 0.9.7 likes to stall on me =\ i dont really see why

Sponsored links

I dont know how much Persona 3 is playable
But some games wont run at fullspeed even on a powerfull pc Smile
Or maybe you just didnt use the best settings for the game (dont know them!)
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
PCSX2 version? Settings? In what parts does it slowdown?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
"its getting 8ghz of power if I'm not mistaken."
Actually, you are mistaken. xD
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
even i can play persona 3 at full speed ALL the time without even speedhacks. its your bad configurations of the emulator. post what shadow lady said with screen shots of ALL your settings.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Well, at the moment I'm trying to do something and failing, I'm trying to get the image off the CD and on to my hard drive cause im sure that would help a bit. I have the ISO on my computer, told pcsx2-r1888 with the linuz cdvd 0.9.0 to run that iso, and it does the "Please insert a ps2 format disc" thing
You need to create it with a program, it can't be made just by copying files off the DVD. Use imgburn for that. Also highly recommend to use the just released 0.9.7 beta of PCSX2 instead.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I was using power ISO, I'll try what you recommended. xP *sees the link and goes* OMG IS THAT DVDDECRYPTER? >.> lol Okay well, i downloaded pcsx2 0.9.7. using linuz cdvd but now i cant get it to even try doing anything, i tell it to run the iso and it just sits there nevermind, i was being stupid and forgot that I had started it before, i had to hit "resume" >.>
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6ghz
8gb G.Skill ripjaws@1600mhz
ASRock M3A770DE
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Pcsx2 0.9.9
You have a bad image. That happened to my copy too using a .mdf image made by Alcohol%120. Redump it using imgburn in .iso format and no other kind of format. PCSX2 sometimes has problems reading image files of different formats like .mdf

And also your slowdown issue. Try cutting down on the VU cycle rate if you have it on. It tends to slowdown some scenes.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
Well, once i used imgburn it worked on pcsx2 r-1888 at almost full speed through the entire loading screen (whatever you call the part before you tell the game you want to start, where it plays like a movie) Okay, Pcsx2 0.9.7 runs it at full speed without having to change anything
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6ghz
8gb G.Skill ripjaws@1600mhz
ASRock M3A770DE
Windows 7 ultimate x64
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Pcsx2 0.9.9