PCSX2 running slow since upgrade
(06-27-2014, 05:10 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: What games are you trying to play?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

Okay what version AMD drivers did you install for the new card?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I have the most up to date drivers installed for the card.

As for the games, I tried .hack//GU Vol 1 and 2, as well as FFX. I tried enabling and disabling hacks for FFX but there was no change.
GU can be somewhat slow, but FFX is I swear the most optimized PS2 game for pcsx2..
curiousity that it's half of 60. i dunno how that drivers manage gcn rendering tighly coupled with a bottlenecking cpu. you could try remove the drivers vsync force for testing that bit. or review the drivers settings in general. there're forces or perhaps standards in it that can slow it down. Smile

it could also be some dx threading issue with that lil...
So I checked and I have an oportunity to upgrade my powersupply and MB and CPU in 2 weeks to change my system specs, but I am wondering if this would help or hinder. This would be the new specs:

AMD FX4100 3.6 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU 1 GB
12 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Z Sound Card
Windows 8.1 x64 OS

Also, on a side note, would PCSX2 run faster on a SSD than it does on a HDD? If it would, and someone has tested this, then I would consider actually getting the SSD.
(06-28-2014, 04:12 AM)Zerrif Wrote: So I checked and I have an oportunity to upgrade my powersupply and MB and CPU in 2 weeks to change my system specs, but I am wondering if this would help or hinder. This would be the new specs:

AMD FX4100 3.6 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7770 GPU 1 GB
12 GB RAM
Sound Blaster Z Sound Card
Windows 8.1 x64 OS

Also, on a side note, would PCSX2 run faster on a SSD than it does on a HDD? If it would, and someone has tested this, then I would consider actually getting the SSD.

The FX 4100 is awful. Get at least a FX 4300.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm not buying the CPU, I already bought it a couple of years back just I didn't have the psu I needed or the money to buy a PSU, so I am getting the new power supply for the new PSU in 2 weeks and then at the end of the summer upgrading to an A10-7850K. I am in the process of making this computer better so I can give it to my GF, but basically I have been REALLY in the mood to play and since my new build won't happen until the end of august, I have to use the parts I have for emulating.
Unless you are playing really light games, the FX4100 will need an OC to 4Ghz for full speed.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I have fixed the issue. Here is how I solved it:

I downgraded from windows 8 to windows 7.

The downgrade honestly gave me an increase from a constant 25 to a constant 60 FPS, even in larger maps and with a better resolution. I have it up-scaled to 1080p and the problem is gone. I'm not sure what was happening inside of windows 8 but I definitely know that it wasn't working this well before the downgrade.

Thanks to everyone in the community for the help, I appreciate what you offered to me.

All the best!