PCSX2 running slower on my newer computer than my Older one
Finally got the program running  on my new computer and noticed that the performance on my older computer was actually better than my newer one, I never had issues with framerate with DragonQuest 8 or FFX on my older computer. Was wondering if there was any options to fix this problem. Currently running on the newest build 1.5. 

My Current PC Specs:

I7-6700K @ 4.2GHZ
MSI 170A M5
GTX 1080 FTW
32 GB Ram at 3200MHZ

Old PC:

I7-4930K @ 3.4 GHZ
GTX 780 
Asus Intel X79 
32 GB Ram at 2133MHZ

Settings on New Computer: 

Direct3D11
3x Native
No Speedhacks besides MTVU

Sponsored links

Dont know for sure but i would guess that pcsx2 has bad compatibility with the latest nvidia gpu builds
This is a common problem with the AVX versions of GSDX, if you drop back to the SSE versions i think it's fine.

Unfortunately its a Skylake issue with programs built in Visual Studio 2015.

Another option you have is to use this build, it was made from pretty much the newest GIT version with Visual Studio 2013, so it should be fine Smile https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/10...easeAll.7z
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks refraction, i will give it a try when i get a chance!
Still having the same issue changed to SSSE3 and using the newer version and the speed keeps fluctuating for no reason.
You sure your newer CPU is cooled properly and isn't throttling for some reason?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-26-2016, 12:21 AM)Locke214 Wrote: Finally got the program running  on my new computer and noticed that the performance on my older computer was actually better than my newer one, I never had issues with framerate with DragonQuest 8 or FFX on my older computer. Was wondering if there was any options to fix this problem. Currently running on the newest build 1.5. 

My Current PC Specs:

I7-6700K @ 4.2GHZ
MSI 170A M5
GTX 1080 FTW
32 GB Ram at 3200MHZ

Old PC:

I7-4930K @ 3.4 GHZ
GTX 780 
Asus Intel X79 
32 GB Ram at 2133MHZ

Settings on New Computer: 

Direct3D11
3x Native
No Speedhacks besides MTVU

(07-26-2016, 12:25 AM)xkanamiesx Wrote: Dont know for sure but i would guess that pcsx2 has bad compatibility with the latest nvidia gpu builds

Hello Locke214,

Roll back to Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1 (if you are using Windows 10).
I had the same problem of yours and I solved it by rolling back to Windows 8.
Describing my situation, on a Lenovo Y50-70 with Windows 10, I had the same settings as you and the game I was playing (Dragon Quest 8) was barely running fullspeed at 2X resolution, but in the most crowdy battles the framerate dropped to 50-70%.
After rolling back to Windows 8, I set the settings as you, but now I can play this game fullspeed at 3X resolution without any framerate drops, even if there are 10 enemies during a battle.
I guess there are two reason for this problem on Windows 10:
1) PCSX2 is not optimized for DirectX 12 and this creates conflicts;
2) MTVU is not properly working on Windows 10 environment for some odd reason.
NOTE: I am not a developper and mine are just suppositions.
Please, let me know if you solved your issue.

P.S.: Do not use the 1.5.0 version, it is still unstable. Use the 1.4.0 instead, I am having no issues with that. If you want I can post pictures of my settings details.
(07-26-2016, 06:18 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You sure your newer CPU is cooled properly and isn't throttling for some reason?

Yes it has adequate cooling, I made sure to stress test it with Prime95 to test the cooling and it never got hotter than 70 degrees Celsius, I also ran a Temp program while using PCSX2 and did not notice any issue with core temperature or throttling.