PCSX2 runs slow on my computer?
(03-30-2015, 04:21 PM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: I had already tried that, but couldn't find the option to disable SpeedStep.

Dammit.

Uh... well I'm out of ideas for now.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do

Sponsored links

(03-30-2015, 04:33 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Dammit.

Uh... well I'm out of ideas for now.

Thank you anyway Laugh
(03-30-2015, 04:42 PM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: Thank you anyway Laugh
hate to mention about it again, could you provide a screenshot of your current pcsx2 settings ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-30-2015, 04:45 PM)ssakash Wrote: hate to mention about it again, could you provide a screenshot of your current pcsx2 settings ?

Sorry, here they are.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You could try turning off MTVU, some games run slower with it on.
You should also just experiment with the software threads option to find which number runs fastest, if you haven't already.

Also, I'm pretty sure you don't need to turn speedstep off if you're forcing 100% in windows.
Can you please tell us the FPS/EE/GS/VU readigns using:

1. these settings
1a. during a slowdown
1b. during normal fluent in-game gameplay (no menu no cutscene)

2. After pressing F9 in-game
2a. as above
2b. as above

3. Using these settings but disabling MTVU (no VU indicator any more)
3a. as above
3b. as above

4. Using these settings but disabling MTVU (no VU indicator any more) pressing F9 in-game
4a. as above
4b. as above
Okay, new (and obvious, I feel stupid now) idea.

Have you updated your drivers?

That and try older builds. That and different emulators. Does Dolphin run slow? ePSXe? Hell, any DX11 game?
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
(03-30-2015, 05:02 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Okay, new (and obvious, I feel stupid now) idea.

Have you updated your drivers?

That and try older builds. That and different emulators. Does Dolphin run slow? ePSXe? Hell, any DX11 game?

My drivers are updated. I haven't tried any other emulators, but the games all seem to run fine.
(03-30-2015, 05:04 PM)DarkPhoenix9 Wrote: My drivers are updated. I haven't tried any other emulators, but the games all seem to run fine.

Well try what I said, that or update DirectX and whatever other Windows things there are (VC++ 2013 or whatever it is).

what would ;e; do
your settings are configured properly, could you try the latest build from here and check it out whether it has the same problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction