PCSX2 runs slowly on good cpu?
Just recently installed PCSX2 so I could play my old Tony Hawk games, however, whenever I run Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (as it's the only ISO I have) the game plays very slow. And it's not even the fact that the fps drops, it just plays in almost a slow motion like effect. The audio as well will slow down. There are times when it runs fine but only for a couple of seconds and goes back to playing at about 70% of the speed and makes it near unplayable. I know it's not the computer so it has to be a setting(s) inside PCSX2.
Specs:
Windows 7 Professional
Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core 3.50 GHz
RAM: 8.00GB 
Type: 64-bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

That CPU is not optimal for PCSX2 by far. It was decentish back when it was released but that was quite a while ago. FX 6300 has weak single threaded performance. To stand a change of remotely decent performance in most games in PCSX2 you're going to have to overclock to around 4.4Ghz. I know this because I have one. Beyond that, put the preset back to 2, enable MTVU and use OpenGL Hardware mode in GSdx.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-14-2016, 04:39 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That CPU is not optimal for PCSX2 by far. It was decentish back when it was released but that was quite a while ago. FX 6300 has weak single threaded performance. To stand a change of remotely decent performance in most games in PCSX2 you're going to have to overclock to around 4.4Ghz. I know this because I have one. Beyond that, put the preset back to 2, enable MTVU and use OpenGL Hardware mode in GSdx.

I'm a newbie to computers so you're gonna have to bare with me here please:

So I don't understand how my computer is able to play brand new games just fine but it struggles with a PS2 emulation?

Also I understand the "use OpenGL hardware mode" but what exactly did you mean by enable MTVU. AGAIN I'm very sorry for my ignorance, I just want the game to run as smooth as possible.
native pc games is no where nears demanding as emulation, you cant compare the 2
(10-14-2016, 05:02 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: native pc games is no where nears demanding as emulation, you cant compare the 2

Ahh I didn't know this. Thanks
(10-14-2016, 05:22 AM)FreshMicks Wrote: Ahh I didn't know this. Thanks

Yeah, you're not running the games as if they're pc games. You're simulating a ps2 that's running the game. Very different.
Unless ZEN is going to be something super AMD is very meh when it comes to emulation period. I mean even overclocked it is barely good. lol
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

(10-14-2016, 06:58 AM)JobeStroud Wrote: Unless ZEN is going to be something super AMD is very meh when it comes to emulation period. I mean even overclocked it is barely good. lol

when it come to pcsx2 I agree, there are scenes in Xenosaga ( "good morning kos mos scene" it think?) I could run on my i7 920@ stock with my 660gtx  @ 60fps 3x DX11 that  Blyss  had issue getting 40fps on his AMD system that had 200 more STP and 670gtx which STP and GPU wise is better then i7 920@ stock and 660gtx.