PCSX2 too slow :)
Hello!

I am a Linux User (Debian Jessie)
My PCSX2 version is SVN-5752 (pre-1.1.0)
I have a "not bad" laptop - Asus K52JC-EX098
- Intel i3 (370M) - 2x 2.4GHz
- 4 GB Ram
- HDD 5400RPM
- Nvidia Geforce 310M - 1GB

I want to play "Crash Bandicoot: The Warp of Cortex" with nice speed

I can play with low-resolution graphics, frameskip etc. (you know, bad graphics, but works fast)

I set in GSdx - OpenGL Hardware (Experimental)
SPU2x Interpolation - Nearest (Bad Quality)
Emulation Options - Level 6; breakable

Thanks
Fervi
Now I have something like "playable" - not stable 60FPS, but i want stable FPS and normal speed like PS2

Sponsored links

(12-24-2013, 06:33 PM)fervi Wrote: Hello!

I am a Linux User (Debian Jessie)
My PCSX2 version is SVN-5752 (pre-1.1.0)
I have a "not bad" laptop - Asus K52JC-EX098
- Intel i3 (370M) - 2x 2.4GHz
- 4 GB Ram
- HDD 5400RPM
- Nvidia Geforce 310M - 1GB

I want to play "Crash Bandicoot: The Warp of Cortex" with nice speed

I can play with low-resolution graphics, frameskip etc. (you know, bad graphics, but works fast)

I set in GSdx - OpenGL Hardware (Experimental)
SPU2x Interpolation - Nearest (Bad Quality)
Emulation Options - Level 6; breakable

Thanks
Fervi
Now I have something like "playable" - not stable 60FPS, but i want stable FPS and normal speed like PS2

Your laptop isn't that great.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I know, my laptop sucks

But I have (I think) 80% of PS2 speed and maybe you know some trick to get PS2 some faster
In PCSX2 option you have few options and maybe changing some can get for PCSX2 Emulator some power

Fervi
Experiment with speedhacks. That's about all you can do. I have a decent desktop and I can't even fix all my Linux speed woes.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Not a bad laptop at all, the one i had as a "gaming rig" was pure naff, it had a 128mb vram, though relied upon ram for the slack.....despite needing a frying pan on the sodd, aye it ran ps2 at half playable speeds, thats a head bender though.

the i3 should technically lash pcsx2, and even with a 1GB aperature, you sure you have the latest drivers, soz mate, it's the only advice i could hope to give

To add to this in terms of performance, ur processor is doing river dance around my lappy, and the gpu is a monster, haha, honestly bro, i can't place a finger on this, install ur latest gpu drivers, and direct x, thats a dx 10 ready unit i think