PCSX2 won't read .mds files.
(09-24-2010, 02:16 PM)vsub Wrote: Is it working from your original DVD9 disk?

My own DVD9 disk works fine on a real ps2 but it was like 3 years ago. The disc is scratched like hell and Imgburn couldn't make an iso from it. I tried using the Disk on PCSX2 without making an iso and it freezes while the game is starting. I had ps2 ISOs backed up even before i knew PCSX2 existed and for some reason my old PC was only reading the first layer of the disk and made the first layer ISO. Later in my life i learned that God of war 2 was made on a DVD9 disk so i got lazy and made an ISO from the second layer instead of doing it all over again.

Sponsored links

Well that's what you get from being lazy.

There is a way(if both layer are correctly copied)to create a single DVD9 image but to do that you'll need the program CD/DVD-ROM Generator(I can't give you a link because of the rules here).
With that program you have to create new DVD-ROM Master Disk(Dual),extract all of the contents from the first layer image and put them into the first layer in your project,switch the layer,extract the second layer of the image and put the files into the second layer of the project.

Fill the needed info into the volume tab and then File=>Export iml file.
Then you have to use the program IML2ISO to create the DVD9 image

BTW it's best you use the program Apache3 to extract the contents of the images and create a FileList using the program and when you are adding the files to CD/DVD-ROM Generator to use the same files order as the FileList is showing.
I'm having problems on the CD DVD generator install. It needs the setup.lid and i can't find it anywhere. I've found about 10 versions and all of them don't have it
Borrowed a friend's disc and made a DVD9 iso. Works
Edit: The ISO i made from my friend's disc was in russian since he lived in russia before. I saved on a save spot beyond where i was stuck at and i loaded that save on the second layer and it worked fine. Guess it's something with the ISO merging
(09-22-2010, 05:05 PM)orchlon Wrote: Hi. So what i'm trying to do here is to create a mds. file that points to 2 iso files so it sorta works like dual layer disc. I managed to with DVD Decrypter but PCSX2 won't read the file. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113

The pcsx2 doesn,t read .mds files but it can read the .mdf files that comes along with it select the .mdf instead of the .mds to play the game
(10-01-2010, 12:04 PM)Blue Lightning 21 Wrote:
(09-22-2010, 05:05 PM)orchlon Wrote: Hi. So what i'm trying to do here is to create a mds. file that points to 2 iso files so it sorta works like dual layer disc. I managed to with DVD Decrypter but PCSX2 won't read the file. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113

The pcsx2 doesn,t read .mds files but it can read the .mdf files that comes along with it select the .mdf instead of the .mds to play the game

this is about an .mds file that redirects to 2 images not 1
(09-24-2010, 02:37 PM)vsub Wrote: Well that's what you get from being lazy.

There is a way(if both layer are correctly copied)to create a single DVD9 image but to do that you'll need the program CD/DVD-ROM Generator(I can't give you a link because of the rules here).
With that program you have to create new DVD-ROM Master Disk(Dual),extract all of the contents from the first layer image and put them into the first layer in your project,switch the layer,extract the second layer of the image and put the files into the second layer of the project.

Fill the needed info into the volume tab and then File=>Export iml file.
Then you have to use the program IML2ISO to create the DVD9 image

BTW it's best you use the program Apache3 to extract the contents of the images and create a FileList using the program and when you are adding the files to CD/DVD-ROM Generator to use the same files order as the FileList is showing.
I finally got CD DVD generator and did exactly as you said but when i export an .iml file it only exports one layer and when i use it with iml2iso it produces a 4GB iso. Please reply i need to make this work badly
Are you sure that you extracted both layers from the disk/image?
And what did you use to create the ISO from iml
something called gdvd iml2iso [email protected] when exporting the iml file with CD DVD generator it will only create an .iml file of a single layer
Actually I've never create dual layer image using cdvdgen before and I didn't know about that problem.There must be a way to export dual layer iml but since I've never done this I don't know how.