PCSX2 wont load cheats anymore [Ubuntu 13.04 64bit]
From the code, it try to open "CRC*.pnach" file so 4D2CAC9D.Disgaea Hour of Darkness.pnach must work too. Feel like it doesn't search in the good directory.

Edit: can you explain me how pnach work so I can test it? Where you got them?

Sponsored links

(05-23-2013, 05:33 PM)gregory Wrote: From the code, it try to open "CRC*.pnach" file so 4D2CAC9D.Disgaea Hour of Darkness.pnach must work too. Feel like it doesn't search in the good directory.

Edit: can you explain me how pnach work so I can test it? Where you got them?

From the log the cheats aren't being loaded. From my experience with Windows build the message for not finding the file is different. Having not used the Linux version I can only make analogies.

Not long ago was found the original code was able to read unicode but refused to load cheats if a non ASCII character appeared on a regional (ISO) encode. Still seems it's not the case on the shown screenshots, yet is something to look upon. (There is such possibility since the OP native language is not English).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Which option must be activated on pcsx2 to load them? I try system->Enable Cheat?

Edit: strangely if I dump the configuration I got EnableCheats = false, whereas I got EnableCheats=enabled in PCSX2_vm.ini....
(05-23-2013, 07:10 PM)gregory Wrote: Which option must be activated on pcsx2 to load them? I try system->Enable Cheat?

Edit: strangely if I dump the configuration I got EnableCheats = false, whereas I got EnableCheats=enabled in PCSX2_vm.ini....

Yes, Enable cheats must be set on, but seems you already found the issue cause.
Imagination is where we are truly real
are cheats working on windows?

Edit: @linux user, feel free to bisect svn to found which revision broke cheats. It would be very useful

Edit2: Ok I dig more. It is surely a path relative path issue. You need to have a 'cheats' in the good place.
Please download/compile latest SVN. I add some options in the ini file to configure the cheats directory. I don't plan to update ppa soon, code is rather instable now! And if possible I would like to merge my GSdx ogl improvement first.
Thanks for the answers !
Sorry, I dont have Internet very often here, so I couldnt read everything yesterday ><
I'm just downloading the SVN and try to compile, if it will be succesful, I will tell you
more about it, when not..I try it again and again, when's not working, I will tell you that too Tongue

Edit*: When I have no cheats or cheats_ws folder in my ISO-folder, PCSX2(from official PPA) tells me,
that my cheats and/or cheats_ws folder is inaccessible.
When I have the folders, it just tells me 0 cheats loaded.
It seems like it cant find the files for some reason.

Edit**: So, I have been googling around and found another PPA : ppa:noobslab/pcsx2
I tried this, this version finds my cheats, in the right folder, but the emulater itself is
really slow..

Edit***: I've booted from my Ubuntu 12.10 Disk and it seems like it works there, but is bugged on 13.04 for me.
PCSX2 version is the same from 13. April 2013.
Ok. So it is likely an issue with the regular expression. I will check it after work

By the way, use "others" ppa with cautious.

Edit: try to use minor case letter (in the CRC and pnach).
For example: d6385328_test.pnach
It's okay, thank you !

Dont worry, I do always backups for everything, and before I'm doing something, I've learned from the past <.<
See my previous edit