PCSX2 wont load through Emulation Station
When I try and run a PS2 game through ES it trys to load the rom but then reboots to the ES home screen. But if I load the game through PCSX2 directly it loads just fine. Here is my System Code line and my log when i try and load a ps2 game through ES

<system>
<name>ps2</name>
<fullname>Playstation 2</fullname>
<path>~\.emulationstation\roms\ps2</path>
<extension>.iso .ISO .cue .CUE</extension>
<command>C:\Users"Slannder"\.emulationstation\syst ems\PCSX2\pcsx2-r5875.exe %ROM%</command>
<platform>ps2</platform>
<theme>ps2</theme>
</system>

Log

lvl2:     EmulationStation - v2.0.1a, built Mar  8 2015 - 16:10:39
lvl2:     Creating surface...
lvl2:     Created window successfully.
lvl2:     Added known joystick Wireless Controller (instance ID: 0, device index: 0)
lvl2:     Checking available OpenGL extensions...
lvl2:      ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: ok
lvl2:     Loading system config file C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg...
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/nes/gamelist.xml"...
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/snes/gamelist.xml"...
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/n64/gamelist.xml"...
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/genesis/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     Error - folder with path ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/gbc"" is not a directory!
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/gbc/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "gbc" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1:     Error - folder with path ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/gba"" is not a directory!
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/gba/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "gba" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/gc/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "gc" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1:       Unknown platform for system "mame" (platform "mame" from list "mame")
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/mame/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "mame" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/wii/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "wii" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/psx/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Legend of Dragoon, The (USA) (Disc 1).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Mega Man Legends (USA).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Mega Man Legends 2 (USA).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 1).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Parasite Eve (USA) (Disc 2).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Parasite Eve II (USA) (Disc 1).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Parasite Eve II (USA) (Disc 2).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1:     File ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/psx\Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver. (USA).cue"" does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/nds/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "nds" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1:     Error - folder with path ""C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/roms/segams"" is not a directory!
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/mastersystem/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "mastersystem" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/n3ds/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "n3ds" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/ps2/gamelist.xml"...
lvl2:     Parsing XML file "C:/Users/Slannder/.emulationstation/gamelists/dreamcast/gamelist.xml"...
lvl1:     System "dreamcast" has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2:      req sound [detailed.launch]
lvl2:        (missing)
lvl2:     Attempting to launch game...
lvl2:      getting volume as 86 ( from float 0.86)
lvl2:         C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\pcsx2-r5875.exe "C:\Users\Slannder\.emulationstation\roms\ps2\Final Fantasy X (USA).iso"
lvl1:     ...launch terminated with nonzero exit code 1!
lvl2:     Creating surface...
lvl2:     Created window successfully.
lvl2:     Added known joystick Wireless Controller (instance ID: 1, device index: 0)
lvl2:     Added known joystick Wireless Controller (instance ID: 1, device index: 0)

Sponsored links

You should ask the people that make the ES front-end, since pcsx2,alone, runs as expected
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Firstly that's an old PCSX2 and you should update.

Secondly, I'm not familiar with emulation station but this line:

Code:
<command>C:\Users"Slannder"\.emulationstation\syst ems\PCSX2\pcsx2-r5875.exe %ROM%</command>

Looks fairly suspicious. There is no \ between "Users" and "Slannder" and there is an extra space in the word "systems" and lastly is the . before emulationstation. If the files are in C:\Users\Slannder\emulationstation and so forth then remove that dot. If they are anywhere else, remove the "C:\Users"Slannder" part and add a ~ before the very first \.

TBH I'm not sure that will fix it as that line(which is the one that executes PCSX2) is a mess and IDK where files are on your PC. But this line is likely your issue.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I don't think you setup the frontend correctly. I have used emulation station a little with pcsx2 and it worked. I think it is on your end and not emu station.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

sorry my system code line is this

<system>
<name>ps2</name>
<command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\pcsx2-r5875.exe %ROM%</command>
<platform>ps2</platform>
<theme>ps2</theme>
</system>
if i set it to look like this

<system>
        <name>ps2</name>
        <path>~\emulationstation\roms\ps2</path>
        <command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\pcsx2-r5875.exe "%ROM_RAW%"</command>
        <platform>ps2</platform>
        <theme>ps2</theme>    
    </system>

then the ps2 theme doesnt come up at all, All my other systems Ps1, Sega, N64, nes, snes are all set up the same with with the .emulationstation in the coding and they all work great. ive tried asking the people on ES forums but get no responses.  My ps2 games are in emulationstation\roms\ps2 folder I have even tried using the line taken directly from the github website as the code to use in ES but it still gives me the same error

<command>%HOMEPATH%\.emulationstation\systems\pcsx2\PCSX2\pcsx2.exe "%ROM_RAW%"</command>
(12-14-2016, 06:02 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Firstly that's an old PCSX2 and you should update.

alright I have 1.4.0 and changed my code to match

<system>
        <name>ps2</name>
        <command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\"pcsx2 1.4.0.exe" "%ROM_RAW%"</command>
        <platform>ps2</platform>
        <theme>ps2</theme>    
    </system>

but still getting same error. im at a loss Sad
You really should ask on the Emulationstation forums. We don't know how their frontend works. If you can run the ISO manually from command prompt, the problem is their end.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Uh

command>C:\Users\"Slannder"\.emulationstation\systems\PCSX2\"pcsx2 1.4.0.exe" "%ROM_RAW%"</command>

I was looking at my pcsx2. and I'm pretty sure the exe isn't pcsx2 1.4.0.exe, Try just pcsx2.exe and see what happens. If that also does nothing then you should really just not use emulation station.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
As said, from me and refraction, you SHOULD ask the people at emulstation that do the front-end. The people here are mostly just guessing and aren't the real experts that can fix the problem. I don't think saying you just shouldn't use emulation station because you can't get it to work is the best advice, when you can talk to the designers, and other users of the front-end and get there suggestions 1st
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM