PCSX2 works with the Namco System 246 BIOS!
perhaps if it's a raw dump you could rename it to .ps2 and it works? i'm not sure about that format right now. a pcsx2 coder might know. Laugh

Sponsored links

I've tried, but no success.
(07-14-2013, 06:06 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: I've tried, but no success.

dude why u wasting u'r time
simply it'll not work Sad
The dongle data is made of two files, their extension is .ic002. The second one has an "spr" label. If you sum their size, you will get the same size as one of those .PS2 files. I merged them on a file on that format, but it didn't work. I think the emulator doesn't just support this format. And it's a shame. Sad

Edit: There are also dongle files made with one file, but when starting the emu with them, it will say "Boot File is Not Right".
Too bad, since it would've been nice to play the arcade version of Ridge Racer V in link up mode online in multiplayer Sad
There's another thing. When I used a PS2 disc on the emulator and used the quick boot mode (the one that skips the bios startup), it tried to start the disc without checking the dongle, but of course it failed. That didn't happen with the arcade disc, maybe because it wasn't recognized as a PS2 disc by the emulator. I think fixing that problem would be enough to make PCSX2 compatible with these games.
(07-15-2013, 11:15 AM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: There's another thing. When I used a PS2 disc on the emulator and used the quick boot mode (the one that skips the bios startup), it tried to start the disc without checking the dongle, but of course it failed. That didn't happen with the arcade disc, maybe because it wasn't recognized as a PS2 disc by the emulator. I think fixing that problem would be enough to make PCSX2 compatible with these games.

I've actually done a lot of research on this topic and while I didn't know about the security dongle nice find i can say the way to make pcsx2 recognize a ps2 disk is to insert mame chd format code into pcsx2 making pcsx2 see chd as another image file.
Actually, to use the disc, I extracted it from the CHD format into a RAW file with CHDMAN and renamed it into an ISO file, that's what it actually was.
(07-15-2013, 02:48 PM)C. Antonio Falcon Wrote: Actually, to use the disc, I extracted it from the CHD format into a RAW file with CHDMAN and renamed it into an ISO file, that's what it actually was.

Yeah but the internal format of the iso is the same trust me I did the exact same thing you did and if you look at the pcsx2 console it doesn't recognize the iso format
I think that the arcade ISO lacks the PS2-type boot files, is that why it's not recognised?