PCSX2 works with the Namco System 246 BIOS!
Sorry for bringing this thread back but i was wondering since it doesn't work with pcsx2 i wonder if we could flash the namco bios onto a real ps2 then see if we can make it work???

Sponsored links

So nobody?? oh well :/
(07-27-2013, 09:04 PM)kenshen Wrote: So nobody?? oh well :/

I'd help, I would but I don't have a clue on how to flash so that pretty much counts me outBiggrin
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
(07-26-2013, 07:45 PM)kenshen Wrote: Sorry for bringing this thread back but i was wondering since it doesn't work with pcsx2 i wonder if we could flash the namco bios onto a real ps2 then see if we can make it work???

You can't simply "flash" the bios as it's read only... you'd have to physically remove or reroute the BIOS to another chip altogether. I don't know many people who have that kind of skill.
[Image: 2748844.png]
^ Oh well it was a thought :/
I think that the dongle dumps made of one file aren't good. The .spr file on the other dumps contains the data on the spare area of the card. The question is: where is the spare area data on the .ps2 files? Is it possible to make one .ps2 file merging them properly? I'm sure it is.
I've found out that the spare area contains the ECC (Error correction code) located somewhere in the .ps2 file. This site gives an idea on where it is. I wish I could take care of it myself, but I'm on holidays right now... Sad http://www.ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Game_Saves
Dongle decrypted files
Files spr to boot memory dongle in namco system xxx
sc31001-na-a.ic002 to sc31001-na-a.i.ps2
sc31001-na-a_spr.ic002 to sc31001-na-a_spr.i.ps2

i'm compiling a version of pcsx2 iso boot namco chd or raw
i'm compiling a plugin that emulates the jvs
the controls are already working perfectly, work simple modifications on LilyPad
i upload files Wink

Mod edit: We're not sure about the legal status of any dongle dumps so I removed the links for now (rama).
hi Smile

i'm interested to make pcsx2 work with sys246 for soul calibur 2 arcade. is there a way to do it ?

tchusss
(08-09-2013, 09:37 PM)desstrain Wrote: hi Smile

i'm interested to make pcsx2 work with sys246 for soul calibur 2 arcade. is there a way to do it ?

tchusss

Almost were almost there