PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
(02-17-2013, 12:42 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried running it from desktop and it insta-crashed Tongue (Win 7 64bits) Worked ok when ran from inside the PCSX2 folder

Try deleting the app data in local and roaming, then try again.
I just cut and pasted the launcher to my desktop and upon launching it asked for the directory's again , but once i set them up again it worked no problems, even remembered all my games. But maybe because im using a debug version, but id delete the install files and try again
No Bositman i couldn't duplicate your error with the current build, do you have the latest one?
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*

Sponsored links

@omnikam I got the one from the first post and used it for the first time, so there was nothing to delete.

Very nice app, my suggestions:

-Make the app remember the last window size (eg maximized) and the last list style (sort by is remembered but not tiles/list style)
-On first boot, after adding my 200 or so games by drag & drop, program was unresponsive until it downloaded the cover art/info from the internet. Maybe make a progress bar for that or keep the app responsive so it doesn't look semi-frozen
-Compatibility status. If you want I could create a script to make an online txt with ELF-status in it for each game of our compat list, which you could read Smile
-When i dragged and dropped my images, many of them had extra files like .mds and .ccd. Thus, I had to press OK in a message that told me "You've already added this game to your list" about 30 times Tongue Maybe you could detect those files and ignore them, or add a checkbox don't show this message again
-When pressing ESC to pause or enter menus, the GS window vanishes and only the console log is left, forcing you to close PCSX2
-Tried a custom game config, PAL and NTSC native FPS get set to 5994,00 and 6000,00 FPS, I guessed you missed some decimals there Tongue GS base frame rate adjust always defaults to Base FPS 1000, base slowmo 5000 and base turbo 30000, and even if you save something else it does not keep it.
Trying to change the game's config again gets me an error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3000000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
-Total number of games at the bottom of the window

Again, very good work Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-17-2013, 08:15 PM)Bositman Wrote: @omnikam I got the one from the first post and used it for the first time, so there was nothing to delete.

Very nice app, my suggestions:

-Make the app remember the last window size (eg maximized) and the last list style (sort by is remembered but not tiles/list style)
-On first boot, after adding my 200 or so games by drag & drop, program was unresponsive until it downloaded the cover art/info from the internet. Maybe make a progress bar for that or keep the app responsive so it doesn't look semi-frozen
-Compatibility status. If you want I could create a script to make an online txt with ELF-status in it for each game of our compat list, which you could read Smile
-When i dragged and dropped my images, many of them had extra files like .mds and .ccd. Thus, I had to press OK in a message that told me "You've already added this game to your list" about 30 times Tongue Maybe you could detect those files and ignore them, or add a checkbox don't show this message again
-When pressing ESC to pause or enter menus, the GS window vanishes and only the console log is left, forcing you to close PCSX2
-Tried a custom game config, PAL and NTSC native FPS get set to 5994,00 and 6000,00 FPS, I guessed you missed some decimals there Tongue GS base frame rate adjust always defaults to Base FPS 1000, base slowmo 5000 and base turbo 30000, and even if you save something else it does not keep it.
Trying to change the game's config again gets me an error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3000000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
-Total number of games at the bottom of the window

Again, very good work Smile

Added the remembering of window size and fixed the decimals (you were right about that Tongue2), not sure whats going on with the framerate since the program doesn't even load that from the pcsx2 ini file, it creates the default config from whatever you currently have set in the normal pcsx2 inis; very strange o.O

for the escape issue making it non resumable I had the initial launching options set to use --nogui so I've removed that and added the ignoring of unsupported file types in drag and drop as suggested, but what really puzzles me is the app going non responsive when adding your image files :/

I don't have 100s of games to add to test with so that obviously puts me at a disadvantage for fixing this, but whats supposed to happen when adding the games is the UI thread processes adding them to the library while the cover art / info fetching gets queued up in different threads (the only method I have for testing this is adding hundreds of dummy files from the gamedindex.dfb file) Sad Regardless I'll look into it some more

Lastly for the compatibility file, if you're up for it then I'll use it xD

Edit: stupid mistake, seems like the drag and drop actually WAS blocking the ui thread after all, should *hopefully* be fixed in the updated build
Personally i dont have any problems with frame rates, getting the proper Pal /Ntsc rate.
As for last Window state remembered, if you set your desired default style in setting eg Tiled or list it`s remembered on relaunch. I agree about the GS window disappearing, was going to mention it myself. I believe its been fixed , thanks Dexbonus.
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
Thanks for the quick fixes good job Smile

-About the GS stuff, it's still without decimal here Tongue I mean right click a game->Manage Custom Configuration->GS. Base framerate adjust, slowmo and turbo are by default at 10000, 5000 and 20000 respectively and still whatever you input is not saved but reverts to these values.

-I still cannot edit the configuration of that game that this error occurred ( System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3000000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. ). Where does the program store the config data so I can edit it manually?

-Moving PCSX2bonus.exe from ie desktop to another dir makes the program lose the PCSX2 directory you set at first boot

-I'll set up the script and inform you Smile
(02-17-2013, 10:21 PM)Dexbonus Wrote: ...
not sure whats going on with the framerate since the program doesn't even load that from the pcsx2 ini file, it creates the default config from whatever you currently have set in the normal pcsx2 inis; very strange o.O

Possibly a locale issue? on some systems the decimal point is '.' and thousands separator is ',' and on other systems it's reversed. It's easy to get bitten by that Wink
Yeah I thought about that too and since both PCs I used have the Greek locale as primary and we use , this could possibly be the reason
(02-18-2013, 05:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: -I still cannot edit the configuration of that game that this error occurred ( System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3000000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. ). Where does the program store the config data so I can edit it manually?
C:\Users\omnikam\AppData\Roaming\PCSX2Bonus\Configs Happy
Msi GF-62VR
(02-18-2013, 05:18 PM)Bositman Wrote: -I still cannot edit the configuration of that game that this error occurred ( System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '3000000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. ). Where does the program store the config data so I can edit it manually?
C:\Users\omnikam\AppData\Roaming\PCSX2Bonus\Configs Happy
And you can see that for me custom config GS values are fine, must be that thing about different country's and such Tongue
I did notice that i can only adjust it by 10`s 100, 110 ,120 ect
[Image: 24GAp]
Msi GF-62VR
(02-18-2013, 09:52 PM)omnikam Wrote: And you can see that for me custom config GS values are fine, must be that thing about different country's and such Tongue

I don't think he was saying it doesn't work for anyone, just that it doesn't work on his system. Obviously, you would have fixed it already if it behaved the same on your system Wink