PCSX2Bonus - A PCSX2 launcher / frontend
Quote:What's the problem you're having with launching files through the command line? I could help with that. Also this:

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Command-line_support
Thank you, that helped.

Sponsored links

Quote:What's the problem you're having with launching files through the command line? I could help with that. Also this:
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Command-line_support

I got that worked out now. I made some mistakes I guess. Back to PCSXEBonus, Finding the data folder does not seem possible. Where is or how can I make a data folder somewhere just to get to the frontend program?

I would like to try it out.
I cannot get this program to work.

Always get "A required folder has not been found".
I set PCSX2 install dir as C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\
And data directory as either:
C:\Users\myuser\Documents\PCSX2
Or C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\

neither works. What directory does it want? I have no idea.   Mellow
Any chance of ps1 game suport in pcsx2bonus seeing as how ps1 emulation is right around the corner for pcsx2? It be nice to see some old ps1 covers on bonus
(10-28-2016, 04:19 PM)ElPolloLoco Wrote: I cannot get this program to work.

Always get "A required folder has not been found".
I set PCSX2 install dir as C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\
And data directory as either:
C:\Users\myuser\Documents\PCSX2
Or C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\

neither works. What directory does it want? I have no idea.   Mellow

hey, i'm having this same problem as well. look forward to hearing advice from some of you beautiful people

EDIT: problem solved. manually type the directory in the second slot

EDIT EDIT: problem not solved. manual entry gets you to the actual program, but trying to modify configuration gives this
Code:
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PCSX2Bonus.GameManager.ImportConfig(Game g)
   at PCSX2Bonus.Commands.ShowCustomConfig(Game g)
   at PCSX2Bonus.RelayCommand`1.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at PCSX2Bonus.App.Main()
im on windows 10

EDIT EDIT EDIT: close pcsx2
For people who are still using PCSX2Bonus, here's a tool to convert your game profiles for Spectabis.

https://github.com/FaithLV/SpectabisProf.../tag/1.0.0
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
Hey everyone. Minor gripe with this program - when I do custom configs for certain games, it doesn't seem to have the right Gsdx version or whatever. Not really sure how to describe it.

When I try to configure Ratchet and Clank 1, it doesn't show the options for hardware mipmapping, which is basically a requirement for that game. However if I configure any other game, including R&C 2 and 3, it does show them. Screenshots provided to help understanding ("conf-okami" is the result I want, "conf-rc" is what I'm currently dealing with). Is it a bug or did I screw up somewhere? How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Based on the GSdx logos shown in each screenshot, the one on the left is loading an older version of GSdx, which explains why you don't see the mipmapping option since that's pretty new. Make sure it's pointing to the right one.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(03-28-2017, 02:43 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: Based on the GSdx logos shown in each screenshot, the one on the left is loading an older version of GSdx, which explains why you don't see the mipmapping option since that's pretty new. Make sure it's pointing to the right one.

Alright. How do I repoint which Gsdx is being loaded? The directories for the exe, data and "directory" are the same for all my games, and I'm not seeing any options to point out where plugins the are. Sorry for the noob question Sad
(02-07-2013, 01:23 AM)Dexbonus Wrote: Note by Blyss Sarania:

It seems GameFAQs does not like how this program scans for covers and information. I have received reports of people receiving temporary IP BANS from GameFAQs because of it. Here is one such example. Therefore, be aware that using PCSX2Bonus could (update: will) result in a temporary(or permanent with continued use) ban from GameFAQs servers, since the scan is automatic.

If you wish to use PCSX2Bonus, it is recommended to disable the automatic information scraping by following the steps here.

This should only be a temporary issue, as Dexbonus is aware of the problem and working on it!

This is a small program I've been messing with on and off for a few weeks and I'm curious as to if anyone else would find it useful, so let me know Tongue2

Basically its as the title suggests; a launcher / front end that allows adding your games from a .iso file then proceeds to crosscheck the pcsx2 GameIndex.dbf to obtain the information for the game and downloads the cover art on the fly.  Via right click functionality it allows the viewing / management of save states and launching the selected game with pcsx2 via cli with optional parameters and support for custom configuration per game.

I originally designed it to reflect the way the dolphin emulator looks but have since added a couple different view types.  

Stacked View
[Image: 5TnTl]

Tile View
[Image: 5TnUs.jpg]

TV Mode (Thanks to Pocky for providing the images during the testing phases!)
[Image: 5TpeU.jpg]
[Image: 5Tpgi.jpg]

Custom Configuration Options
[Image: 5TnZi.png]

Stand Alone Executables
[Image: 5To0p.png]

Screenshots
[Image: 5To1S.jpg]

Theme Editor
[Image: 5TpKF.png]

Code:
PCSX2Bonus 1.0 (2-8-2013)
[*]fixed removing games in views other than stacked causing a crash and added support for mdf files

(2-9-2013)
[*]added support for setting your own cover art (menu option can be shown with control + click)
[*]added the *foundation* of custom configuration options(this is not completely finished and has not been extensively tested at the moment)
[*]made options in settings menu actually usable xD

(2-12-2013)
[*]Completed the few items in the custom configuration options that were placeholders
[*]Fixed setting custom cover art
[*]Added batch importing for games

(2-13-2013)
[*]Updated the image fetching algorithm, its much more accurate now :D
[*]Added the option to generate a stand alone executable for launching games without the help of any third party launcher (saw a few people asking about this in other threads)
[*]Added a settings option to set the default sort order

(2-14-2013)
[*]Added support for .bin, .nrg, and .img files
[*]Added support for setting memory cards on a per game basis

(2-16-2013)
[*]Updated the layout to support displaying additional information that is obtained when adding a game to the library (metacritic score, publisher, release date, description  o.O)

(2-18-2013)
[*]Globalized reading the entries of ini values so they should parse correctly in regions other than the US
[*]Settings are now saved and remembered regardless of where the executable is

(2-20-2013)
[*]Added the same color coding Metacritic uses to the score component of the additional information
[*]Some code clean up, overall performance should increase

(2-21-2013)
[*]Added the ability to view screenshots for games and optionally save them (settings option)
[*]Some more code updates to fix a few errors

(2-23-2013)
[*]Added a portability mode which can be activated via the settings!
[*]All context menu items are now shown on right clicking a game, removed showing items on control + click

(2-24-2013)
[*]Added bios selection to the custom configuration options
[*]Cheats are now activated correctly when launching a game
[*]Added some missing gsdx options
[*]Settings now include options to disable the downloading of cover art and information
[*]Added option to show or hide the pcsx2 console under the GS Window tab in the custom configuration options

(2-26-2013)
[*]Added a settings option to optionally use a updated compatibility list for games
[*]Added the ability to add custom notes about games
[*]Program will now remember and correctly set the state of the window when closed
[*]Fixed issue with viewing screenshots when there are less then 6 available
[*]Changed the launcher to minimize to the tray when launching a game (to prevent opening more than one instance of PCSX2 by accident)
[*]Fixed tray icon visibility

(2-27-2013)
[*]Program now includes error checking if the paths saved in settings are somehow changed and don't match up
[*]Added the option upon launching a game to select a new location if the file has been moved or renamed

(2-28-2013)
[*]Fixed a issue with some games not being imported correctly
[*]Added a configuration option to select which plugins will load under the custom config menu (Planning on moving / adding all plugin configuration to that page much like PCSX2 has it implemented when I get time)

(3-4-2013)
[*]Added a tab for configuring boot options in the custom config menu (No gui, full boot, etc)
[*]All plugin configuration has been moved to the plugin tab of the custom config menu
[*]Implemented support for configuring SPU2 (its still missing a few things though :p)

(3-6-2013)
[*]Added a TV mode (please delete all your old game images downloaded by the program in previous builds so that it can download the new higher resolution ones that go with the implementation of tv mode :p  Image folder can be found at appdata > roaming > pcsx2bonus > images if you're in seated mode or current directory > pcsx2bonus > images if you're in portable mode)
[*]Fixed escape key not exiting tv mode
[*]Resolved a issue that allowed tv mode to be activated before game library was finished loading

(3-8-2013)
[*]Added the option to import games from a directory
[*]Added a settings option to enable alternating row colors for stacked view
[*]Fixed some font distortion caused by shadow effects in tv mode

(3-10-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed a bug causing images to be loaded into memory twice and thus causing display errors (two particular problems should be fixed by this: images not refreshing properly when downloading and custom cover art throwing an exception when activated)
[*]Tweaked tv layout some
[*]Alternate row color should now update properly when only the color is changed in the settings menu
[/list]

(3-11-2013)
[list]
[*]Updated image / info fetching code, it should be more accurate now
[*]Added a settings option to change the padding in tv mode to account for users choice of positioning
[/list]

(3-13-2013)
[list]
[*]Added the option to set TV mode as the default view(the game library will still have to load before this happens, but once its complete tv mode will automatically open)
[*]Added support for gamepads in tv mode, see the settings options to configure it (This is achieved via direct input with direct x using the June 2010 runtime which can be found [url=http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109]HERE[/url] if you don't already have it)
[*][size=xx-small]Note >> Currently only a few gamepads have been tested, so don't be surprised if you get an error when trying it.  Just leave a post and let me know so I can get it fixed :p[/size]
[/list]

(3-17-2013)
[list]
[*]Added a option to enable / disable cheats per game
[*]TCOffset hack should now be working correctly
[*]Window location is now saved and restored on launch of program
[/list]

(3-20-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue causing the enabling / disabling of cheats to not be applied correctly
[*]Tweaked the way settings values are saved
[*]Fixed an exception being thrown when opening the HW hacks portion of the gsdx config
[*]Resolved an issue with memory cards not loading correctly
[*]Plugin location settings should now be applied correctly
[/list]

(3-21-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed several issues relating to the importing of games to the launcher
[*]Games that have colons in their name should now load properly when attempting to use the custom config option
[/list]

(3-24-2013)
[list]
[*]Changed the way plugin locations are saved once again (trying to pinpoint a specific error received by some users)
[*]TV Mode will now only activate if one or more games are in the library
[*]Added a feature to search for wide screen patches within the launcher (internet connection is required for this feature)
[/list]

(3-31-2013)
[list]
[*]Changed the way configuration files are created when first viewing the config menu for a game and added error handling in the case something should fail during the process
[/list]

(5-1-2013)
[list]
[*]Updated widescreen patches
[*]Fixed an issue in tv mode where buttons were registering too many times
[*]Default memory card settings will now be pulled from the pcsx2_ui file instead of just assuming the same folder given in the setup
[/list]

(7-22-2013)
I've recoded the entire program from scratch in an effort to eliminate bugs that have been plaguing some users and to increase the usability of the program, please let me know if you have any problems with the new version and I'll continue trying to improve the program!

[b]---settings files from the previous version are now obsolete and not compatible with the new version, if you're upgrading please delete your old settings file---[/b]

[list]
[*]Loading game libraries larger then 30+~ games should happen about 80% faster
[*]Plugin configuration has been changed to be more accessible to the range of plugins that pcsx2 is capable of using
[*]Added a couple settings options to change the background and text colors of the program
[*]TV Mode will now correctly center itself automatically
[*]The program is now portable by default and the option to use it in the appdata folder has been removed
[*]Various performance related fixes
[/list]

(7-23-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue with the program not recognizing settings values properly
[/list]

(7-24-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue where screenshots that were saved would not display offline
[*]Fixed an issue with the custom config option involving and incorrect cast exception
[/list]

(7-25-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue regarding an error when the tray tooltip text was too long
[*]Fixed an issue where assigning a custom executable version wasn't being properly set
[*]Added custom shader support on a per game basis
[/list]

(7-28-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue where memory cards and save states were loading from the wrong directory
[/list]

(8-12-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue where entering tv mode without having any games added to the library would crash the program
[/list]

(8-14-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed an issue where the program would crash when trying to assign a memory card if a custom config didn't exist for the selected game
[/list]

(11-8-2013)
[list]
[*]Fixed a problem where information and images were not being fetched correctly
[/list]
[*]

(12-16-2013)
This is a pretty big update so I'll be refering to this one as version 2 from now on Tongue2  For the sake of allowing users to have more customization I've redone the project entirely in WPF as opposed to windows forms.

I've also switched the program over to .net 4.5, so make sure to grab the redistributable for that if you don't already have it in order to use v2.
Link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=30653

Some new features have been added which you'll find listed below and some bugs have been squashed.  Obsolete code has been removed and pretty much everything is faster.

This version IS slightly rushed because I wanted to get some of the issues fixed that people have been having, but the only thing to suffer from that is some new features not being completely finished.

I'll post some screenshots up of v2 as soon as I have more time. Added!
  • Added a new feature that allows the rescraping of a game.  Once initiated you are presented with a list of possible results, once you choose one the program will redownload the information and cover art and update it in your library.

• Program is now theme-able (although this feature isn't entirely complete yet).  You'll find a new folder called Themes in the program folder which contains the default theme file you can use to edit the look of the program.  There is also a built in editor(also not completely finished) which can be accessed in the settings options.

• Fixed an issue where entering and exiting TV mode multiple times would cause an out of memory exception.
  • Fixed an issue where exiting TV mode would always return you to stacked view regardless of what view you were in when you initiated the TV mode change
  • TV mode has received small visual changes
  • Several misc. changes to help improve and speed up the program
  • Added a donate button! (located under the help menu)
[*]

(12-29-2013)
  • Fixed an issue where memory cards would not be correctly enabled sometimes
  • Added the ability to show the scroll bar in TV mode by right clicking
[*]

(12-30-2013)
  • Re-added settings to remember window size and location as well as well as the window state(maximized / normal)
[*]

PCSX2Bonus v1.1.0.13

PCSX2Bonus v2.0.0.2
[*]

thanks so much but it no longer works gamefaq updated thier website and now cant search anything can you plz update your software or at least give source code and what did you program it on c++ ?