PCSX2CE: PCSX2 Cheat Converter / Patch File Editor
I have created a small program called PCSX2CE (PCSX2 Cheat Editor) to convert cheat codes and edit PCSX2 patch files.

Screenshot:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=54589]

Instructions:
1. Open PCSX2CE and load an existing pnach file. Or, enter the game's CRC and title if you are creating a new pnach file. Here is an example of where to find the CRC if you don't know what it is.
2. Find the codes you want and (important!) convert them to raw format with Omniconvert if necessary. The codes must be in raw format or they won't work!
3. Paste the codes into PCSX2CE.
4. Save the changes.
5. Enable cheats from the PCSX2 menu if necessary and start the game.

Troubleshooting:
-If PCSX2CE.jar doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine.
-If you have installed Java and PCSX2CE's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix.
-If PCSX2CE is unable to save files to the cheats folder, it means you need to change the permissions of the cheats folder to enable programs like PCSX2CE to write to it. In Windows 7, the folder permissions can be modified from the Security tab of the folder properties.
[Image: windows7filesandfolders.th.png]
-If your codes don't work, then they are probably not in raw format (especially if you get "TLB Miss" errors). Read step 2 of the instructions.
-If you have further problems, post in this topic and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Features:
-Convert raw codes to PCSX2 patches (master codes are commented out)
-Open existing .pnach file
-Create .pnach file
-Turn non-code text into comments (even if it is on the same line, before or after a raw code)
-Attempt to locate the PCSX2 directory and cheats folder so .pnach files are saved there by default
==Looks in usermode.ini for the PCSX2 directory (uses the last valid CustomDocumentsFolder entry)
==cheats folder is created if it isn't there
-If it doesn't find the PCSX2 directory, you can use the Browse function to find it yourself. When you select the directory you can set it as your home directory and the program will remember it the next time it starts.

Functions:
-Open .pnach File...: Browse for a .pnach file to open for editing.
-Convert: Converts the contents of the input area and displays the result in the output area. CRC and game title not required.
-Save: Converts the contents of input area and saves to a .pnach file with the CRC as the name. CRC and game title required.
-Open: Opens the directory referenced by the save location field in your OS's file-browser.
-Browse...: Browse for a directory to set as the save location. You will have the option of setting this directory as your home directory.
-Go to Home: Sets the current save location to the home directory.

Please post any comments or suggestions in this topic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   PCSX2CE.zip (Size: 12,72 KB / Downloads: 295.619)

Sponsored links

I have made some progress with the GUI. Screenshot posted.
Sounds good, this kind of programs always come in handy. With the PCSX2 team being tied up with more important stuff I guess it's nice to have some 3rd party apps do some of the work with systems like patches or saving settings etc
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The first version is posted.
Cool,nice job.
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Can you shrunk the window a little...it takes almost all of my 1024x768 desktop(maybe to 640x480 or 800x600)
(08-02-2010, 10:45 AM)vsub Wrote: Can you shrunk the window a little...it takes almost all of my 1024x768 desktop(maybe to 640x480 or 800x600)

I made sure it would fit in a 1024x768 screen. The window size is 937x720. Would shrinking it to 937x600 help?
Can't you set it to a % of the user's desktop resolution? Hard coding the dimensions doesn't sound like a good coding practice Tongue You're using the java swing library right? Have you given netbeans a try?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-02-2010, 07:10 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: I made sure it would fit in a 1024x768 screen. The window size is 937x720. Would shrinking it to 937x600 help?

Yes it does fit but I don't like it so big Tongue2
Why it has to be so big?
Even if you set it to 640x480 it will still be perfectly usable...it's not like there are a lot of options/buttons like FFXED,just two BIG text areas(and on top of that they have scrollbars)
I am working on changing it so you can resize the window to your desired size. Right now it sort of works, but if you make it too small horizontally then you will lose the buttons and stuff at the bottom of the window.

-edit-

The posted version was broken. It thought .pnach files were ".pnatch" files. lol...