PCSX2CE: PCSX2 Cheat Converter / Patch File Editor
(08-04-2010, 10:56 AM)vsub Wrote: 1. The pcsx2 pnach writer,save the file with lower case letters and pcsx2 can work with both upper and lower case pnach files
94a82aaa.pnach
DE37E046.pnach
both are working fine on pcsx2 and this editor open the file normally but when you try to save,it delete all of the lower case letters and leave it like this 9482,thus an error will appear because this is not a correct CRC.

That is a problem and I think I have solved it. But I won't post the next version until tomorrow.

(08-04-2010, 10:56 AM)vsub Wrote: Edit:I actually find the reason but I have no idea why.If you have ANY file on any directory with one letter long name(no matter where)this will happen.I had a file named g.txt on my desktop and that was the reason for that problem

I understand the reason for this problem. I am using this code in the file browser:
Code:
f.getName().substring(f.getName().length() - 6).toLowerCase().equals(".pnach")

So what happens if the length of the file is five characters or less then f.getName().length() - 6 is negative and the substring function crashes with an error. All I need to do is a simple check for the length of the filename and it will solve the problem:
Code:
f.getName().length() > 5 && f.getName().substring(f.getName().length() - 6).toLowerCase().equals(".pnach")

Incidentally, try creating a file with only three characters in its name and no extension. It should cause the same problem with FFXED if you use the PSU filter.

Sponsored links

Hmm yes,if the file name is less than 6 letters,that will happen
New version posted (v0.2). Tell me if the problems are fixed. I also added a button to open the save directory.
Ok everything is fine now,I'm not finding any other problems worth fixing Smile
Nice Program.Smile
Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB
New update posted (v0.21). I have improved the error handling.
New update posted (v0.25). The program now looks in usermode.ini to find the PCSX2 directory. It should work in Windows XP/Vista/7 (you need PCSX2 0.9.7). Try deleting PCSX2PatchEditor.ini and see if the program can find the PCSX2 directory again.
How exactly does this work,do you mean now when it read the usermode.ini it automatically set the home directory where 0.9.7 is?

If it's that way then at least here it's not working(I deleted the PCSX2PatchEditor.ini before starting 0.25)

I'm using XP SP2 and the usermode.ini is in
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2
and 0.9.7 is on my desktop in a folder named PCSX2 0.9.7
What happens, like in my case, where the usermode.ini has a bunch of valid entries and some invalid I did not correct yet?
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-24-2010, 08:45 AM)vsub Wrote: How exactly does this work,do you mean now when it read the usermode.ini it automatically set the home directory where 0.9.7 is?

First it tries to go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\PCSX2

If %LOCALAPPDATA% doesn't exist (as with Windows XP), it tries

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2

That one should work in Windows XP.

(08-24-2010, 08:45 AM)vsub Wrote: If it's that way then at least here it's not working(I deleted the PCSX2PatchEditor.ini before starting 0.25) I'm using XP SP2 and the usermode.ini is in
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2
and 0.9.7 is on my desktop in a folder named PCSX2 0.9.7

Try going to %LOCALAPPDATA% (paste it into address bar, Windows understands). Does that go anywhere? It should say that Windows couldn't find it.

(08-24-2010, 12:07 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What happens, like in my case, where the usermode.ini has a bunch of valid entries and some invalid I did not correct yet?

Right now it either returns the first valid entry for CustomDocumentsFolder or gives up if it finds an invalid one. I can make it so it doesn't give up until it has found a valid entry or read every entry in the file. Post the contents of your usermode.ini so I can see what you are talking about.