UseDefaultSettingsFolder=enabled
CustomDocumentsFolder=E:\\Emuladores\\PS2\\PCSX2-svn
SettingsFolder=C:\\Users\\nosisab\\Documents\\PCSX2\\inis
[CWD.c0053eb4]
DocumentsFolderMode=Custom
UseDefaultSettingsFolder=enabled
CustomDocumentsFolder=E:\\Emuladores\\PS2\\PCSX2-svn3681
SettingsFolder=E:\\Emuladores\\PS2\\PCSX2-svn3681\\inis

Notice the two first entries there are not actually used to play the game and can be deemed invalid because their contents are ever changing (or just cleaned), others entries were indeed invalid and so deleted. The actual file is much longer than this.

Only the PCSX2-svn is used for actual play. What I mean is I'd rather not allowing automatic decisions over those builds.

PS: that PCSX2-svn is the currently testing build, so the one I use to play, it is always receiving the last build from the numbered svn, others entries not shown keep the build I'm almost sure is not broken for the games I have, and the Officials too.

PS2: Anyway it's good all the research you are doing, it's instructive. But in the end I think better is creating the file inside the own application directory and the user move/copy it to the final destination.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(08-24-2010, 05:10 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2\cheats

cheats?...why cheats
The file usermode.ini is in
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2
(08-24-2010, 05:39 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Some entries from the usermode.ini

Notice the two first entries there are not actually used to play the game and can be deemed invalid because their contents are ever changing (or just cleaned), others entries were indeed invalid and so deleted. The actual file is much longer than this.

Only the PCSX2-svn is used for actual play. What I mean is I'd rather not allowing automatic decisions over those builds.

Is there any way to tell which entry in usermode.ini is the correct one?

(08-24-2010, 05:39 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: PS2: Anyway it's good all the research you are doing, it's instructive. But in the end I think better is creating the file inside the own application directory and the user move/copy it to the final destination.

There is nothing to stop the user from doing that. The program only tries to locate the PCSX2 directory the first time it runs (when the PCSX2PatchEditor.ini doesn't exist). The user can set their home directory to whatever they want and it will be stored in PCSX2PatchEditor.ini.

(08-24-2010, 06:12 PM)vsub Wrote: cheats?...why cheats
The file usermode.ini is in

Sorry, I made a mistake when I posted that. The program looks in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\PCSX2\usermode.ini

Is %LOCALAPPDATA% defined on your machine?
When I use
the folder with the usermode.ini opens

When I try with %LOCALAPPDATA% IE opens and try to open
http://%localappdata%/
Quote:Is there any way to tell which entry in usermode.ini is the correct one?
It seems the last entry is the last installed (as in never before used directory) and executed at least once. For most users it should be enough to tell the current installation since probably will be the only valid entry. It does not works only when the last installed is not the normally used, my case being an example.

Actually I could just use the last build folder since normally it's what is copied to the pcsx2-svn but keeping it separated has some advantages.
Notice if you searches for a folder named "PCSX2" it would always fail in that case of mine.

PS: Directly answering the question and still using my usermode.ini as the template, there is not a way to tell which is the normally used even because almost all entries are valid entries indeed and I actually run from those locations for testing and comparison purposes.
So, which do you think would be better to use? The first valid entry or the last valid entry? By valid I mean that the directory exists.
(08-24-2010, 10:38 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: So, which do you think would be better to use? The first valid entry or the last valid entry? By valid I mean that the directory exists.

Hmm now that you mention that,I just checked my usermode.ini and saw that my first entry is non existing folder.After I remove it and leave only the one that I'm using,the home directory is recognized correctly(the PCSX2PatchEditor.ini is deleted before testing this)
I have reposted the program, which is now called PCSX2CE. PCSX2 Patch Editor was too much of a mouthful and now that "cheats" are separate from "patches", I think that it is better to call it a cheat editor.

Try using it with the usermode.ini with the non-existing folder. It should work.
Actually that is the problem I was warning about since the beginning, are you sure all this work, that can lead to a more confusing result than actual solution, is better than simply asking the user to copy the generated file to their actual installation cheats folder (better yet, create the file inside a cheats folder and ask the user to copy it into the pcsx2 installation folder overriding any eventual content already there).

Again, using that template (which is an actual working environment), the PCSX2-svn, that is where I would put the cheats is somewhere in the mid of the usermode.ini. On the other hand it's not a common setup so the last valid entry seems to be the best bet.
PCSX2CE has been reposted. I have added tooltips to the buttons and text fields to make the program more noob-friendly. PCSX2CE now uses the last valid CustomDocumentsFolder entry in usermode.ini when it searches for the PCSX2 cheats directory.

(08-24-2010, 11:26 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actually that is the problem I was warning about since the beginning, are you sure all this work, that can lead to a more confusing result than actual solution, is better than simply asking the user to copy the generated file to their actual installation cheats folder (better yet, create the file inside a cheats folder and ask the user to copy it into the pcsx2 installation folder overriding any eventual content already there).

My goal is to make it easier for the people who don't know what folder they are supposed to save file .pnach files in. It is easier for me to have my program find the folder on its own than it is to have to explain where to find the folder.

If PCSX2CE finds the wrong folder, then the user still has to set the home directory manually. There is no way around that.