PCSX2dis v1.1 - A ps2dis-inspired, PCSX2-enabled Game Hacking Tool (W.I.P 13-02-2015)
(05-19-2015, 12:51 PM)willkuer Wrote: Is this exclusively valid for PCSX2dis or also for the stable release?

I've never had an issue with the stable release crashing in this fashion.

(05-19-2015, 12:51 PM)willkuer Wrote: Also what would be the expected behavior for the emulator if the emulated game crashes (due to bad emulation)?

In terms of how it should handle that game crash? Well, I don't know exactly, I've done stupid stuff to my PS1 and PS2 games with cheat devices, and crashed them, the exaggeration-prone side of me would liken PCSX2Dis crashing outright to if my PS2 started smoking/caught fire every time my game crashed, but I dunno if that is anything but a silly analogy Tongue... mayhap the emulator should just not crash, stop emulating, reset itself even perhaps, just... not crash... (an option to autosave projects, recover is something I think would be beneficial as well, even though we all should be saving often, we're human, and sometimes get wrapped up in our discoveries, and what we are looking at in the game code, and it just ... slips our mind. Tongue ).

Sponsored links

(11-20-2014, 03:38 AM)LXShadow Wrote: Original post

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for creating this. I, along with a few other PS2 hackers, use pcsx2dis all the time. With this I'm able to create codes that would have been extremely time consuming in the past. I'd love to see an updated version of this with the newest pcsx2. I much prefer pcsx2dis over the official debugger. If you do update it the only change I can suggest is to show the values for registers $f0-$f22 whenever a breakpoint is set.

-Harry62
I must concur with the notorious Harry62. I use PCSX2dis all the time, the tool was essential to my learning how to hack PS2 memory. Would love to see a version compatible with 1.4.0!
Interesting.Maybe we can expect PCSX2DIS attached with PCSX2 1.6.0 ?
Given that it's been 2 years since we last heard from the author, i highly doubt it Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-30-2018, 01:48 PM)Bositman Wrote: Given that it's been 2 years since we last heard from the author, i highly doubt it Tongue

Nothing to regret for me.The Best Tool was, is and will remain ps2dis.Consider ps2dis was published 2001 and still the Best to do some
Magic Things like make all Rooms bright in the Silent Hill Series which i did or disable the Blur-Effect in the Burnout Games when you
accelerate or drive at high Speed.
You can do the same with the internal debugger or Cheatengine.
Don't get me wrong I think it's great too, but it does seem abandoned Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-30-2018, 08:14 PM)CK1 Wrote: You can do the same with the internal debugger or Cheatengine.

You can't, the Game freezes if i try to use the internal debugger.Even if it wouldn't freeze this is nothing PCSX2 could do, it's too complex.
You have to observe several Things (not only One).PCSX2 is "only" an Emulator.And Cheat Engine has some other very good Features like the
Memory Viewer which helped me a little bit to create the "Only Health Bar of the Colossi visible"-Code for Shadow of the Colossus.
(04-30-2018, 08:14 PM)Bositman Wrote: Don't get me wrong I think it's great too, but it does seem abandoned Tongue

Yes it does seem abandened for those who doesn't know how to use it (efficiently) Huh