PCXS2 Optimization-Help
Hey guys, greetings from Portugal.

I currently have quite a old laptop, 5 years old to be exact with the following specs:

Intel Core2 Duo T6400 2.00 GHZ
4.0 GB Raw DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9400M G

Recently, i decided to give this emulator another try, the last time i tried it was in the beta version and all the games i tried were slow and i didn´t bother that much to play with the settings. But recently, i had a will to play some WWE games that i never had and i knew a friend of mine had them, and would borrow them to me, and so he did. At first the game´s played slow, but i toyed around with the settings, and i managed in gameplay to play games like WWE HCTP and WWE JBI in 45/50 FPS in native resolution(if i lower a bit of it, it gets even faster but i don´t think it compensates that much too change that).

My friend also had TNA Impact with him, and he borrowed me it, but the thing is, TNA Impact only runs in like 15 fps, and some other games too, like NASCAR(but this i assume that´s too much for my Laptop to handle because of all the cars in the game and that stuff). I´m able to play some soccer games fine, not all of them, but some.

I will post now my settings, and see if you guys thing there´s something i can change to make it possibly faster:

EE/IOP: Recompiler, Recompiler, Chop/Zero, None
VUs: microVU Recompiler, microVU Recompiler, Chop/Zero, None
GS: Nothing changed
GS: When i play in a resolution lower than native i put to fit the window
Speed Hacks: 2 EE Cyclerate, like 0.75 in Vu cycle stealing(i tried upping this one, but found that nothing changed, i even found it slower), only the recomennd hacks in the other hacks sections.

Plugins:

GSD10:

Renderer: Direct3D10
Interlancing: None
Resolution: Normally native, in a wrestling game i also play and didn´t mention up there that is wrestling kingdom, i lower the resolution to 400x400 to make it playble, i found a huge leap in fps with this step(this step doesn´t work with TNA Impact though)

Then i have ticked allow 8 bit textures and texture filtering

That´s it, sorry for the long post, but i think all the information that may help you guys help me is useful i guess.

And the final question is, is there anything more i can do to speed up a little bit more especially with games like TNA Impact, or this is the max i can do with my laptop which i know must be very low-end for PCSX2.

Sponsored links

(08-10-2013, 05:54 PM)PedroPM Wrote: Hey guys, greetings from Portugal.

I currently have quite a old laptop, 5 years old to be exact with the following specs:

Intel Core2 Duo T6400 2.00 GHZ
4.0 GB Raw DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9400M G

Recently, i decided to give this emulator another try, the last time i tried it was in the beta version and all the games i tried were slow and i didn´t bother that much to play with the settings. But recently, i had a will to play some WWE games that i never had and i knew a friend of mine had them, and would borrow them to me, and so he did. At first the game´s played slow, but i toyed around with the settings, and i managed in gameplay to play games like WWE HCTP and WWE JBI in 45/50 FPS in native resolution(if i lower a bit of it, it gets even faster but i don´t think it compensates that much too change that).

My friend also had TNA Impact with him, and he borrowed me it, but the thing is, TNA Impact only runs in like 15 fps, and some other games too, like NASCAR(but this i assume that´s too much for my Laptop to handle because of all the cars in the game and that stuff). I´m able to play some soccer games fine, not all of them, but some.

I will post now my settings, and see if you guys thing there´s something i can change to make it possibly faster:

EE/IOP: Recompiler, Recompiler, Chop/Zero, None
VUs: microVU Recompiler, microVU Recompiler, Chop/Zero, None
GS: Nothing changed
GS: When i play in a resolution lower than native i put to fit the window
Speed Hacks: 2 EE Cyclerate, like 0.75 in Vu cycle stealing(i tried upping this one, but found that nothing changed, i even found it slower), only the recomennd hacks in the other hacks sections.

Plugins:

GSD10:

Renderer: Direct3D10
Interlancing: None
Resolution: Normally native, in a wrestling game i also play and didn´t mention up there that is wrestling kingdom, i lower the resolution to 400x400 to make it playble, i found a huge leap in fps with this step(this step doesn´t work with TNA Impact though)

Then i have ticked allow 8 bit textures and texture filtering

That´s it, sorry for the long post, but i think all the information that may help you guys help me is useful i guess.

And the final question is, is there anything more i can do to speed up a little bit more especially with games like TNA Impact, or this is the max i can do with my laptop which i know must be very low-end for PCSX2.

Your hardware is a issue because your CPU is weak and so is your GPU. The reason why decreasing your res increases fps is because your gpu can't handle the increased res. There's not much you can do other than upgrade your hardware.
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
Some games work better in software mode you can give a try on it with set extra thread to 2 or 3.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(08-10-2013, 06:30 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: Some games work better in software mode you can give a try on it with set extra thread to 2 or 3.
maybe, but...
PedroPM Wrote:Intel Core2 Duo T6400 2.00 GHZ
pretty useless, then Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Oh,well yeah :-P :-D
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I Know my Laptop is weak, but i thought maybe something could speed up a little bit more. But since the main goal has playing WWE games, i can say i´m kinda happy considering my laptop with the way they play. But i found it odd that other wrestling games and others non wrestling that have worse graphics that some games i play, play worse.
If your main goal is playing wwe games then frame skipping works better for this rig.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Which values should i put in it?
Try 2 or 4 to draw and 2 to skip
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Didn´t notice that much change, i think it made it a little bit worse.