PCXS2 Weird framerate.Problem
(08-18-2013, 06:32 PM)PedroPM Wrote: Just one final tip. What is most prone to cause bugs in games, use frame skipping or ee and vu speed hacks?

Frame skip is more likely to cause graphical glitches. This is because if the first frame of something gets skipped, it may not get properly loaded and thus remain "missing" for frames afterwards that weren't skipped.

Game breaking bugs are most likely to happen with speed hacks, but the two work in fundamentally very different ways. This is because if you skip frames, you're literally only freeing up resources on the GPU end. Most people are not GPU blocked when it comes to PCSX2 (unless they are using too high of a resolution, in which case it's usually the much better option to just lower your resolution instead).

Speed hacks can effect both, but more often than not effect the CPU side which is where most people have their problems to begin with. There are also some speed hacks which don't really effect either, but just give some benefit to the end user like fast CDVD which significantly shortens load times in most games, but breaks some poorly programmed games.

(edit) If the game is going too fast either turbo (tab button) or frame limit (F4) got pressed. Try pressing them again and it should fix itself.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Turn on frame limiter by pressing f4.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
No idea why people are always complaining about speed hacks causing problems. I've seldom ran into any issues with them, the only issue I've had to fix was using them when they weren't needed, but that's really it.

Like I said if you get a rig that doesn't need to use speed hacks, then you won't have to worry about the latter.
(08-18-2013, 06:51 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: No idea why people are always complaining about speed hacks causing problems. I've seldom ran into any issues with them, the only issue I've had to fix was using them when they weren't needed, but that's really it.

Like I said if you get a rig that doesn't need to use speed hacks, then you won't have to worry about the latter.

Sometimes the effects aren't immediate, but rather accumulative. That is, maybe only a couple bits are incorrect at first, but over the course of a couple hours straight it creates a game breaking situation. Couple this with only using savestates and it can completely screw someone. Even without using them though it could cause corruption not just in memory, but in a memory card save which could also cause a problem.

Plus there are some speed hacks which have an immediate problem with many games. VU Cycle steal especially if set too high can instantly cause issues. The non-recommended speed hacks are all known to break certain games (indeed, that is why they are listed as non-recommended) at the very least, and even the "safe" hacks can cause issues.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks, solved the problem of being too fast in intros and cut scenes and all that Tongue
Well you shouldn't be relying on save states soley, because though they usually work properly they aren't stable.

I'm not doubting that speed hacks cause issues, but with most games I've tried (extensively, like playing for hours (particularly some of my old sb games lol)) I've never seen many problems at all. I don't play as many games as some, so that could be it.