.PNACH Problem
Alright guys -

I've went through the guides on here and I'm still having trouble with .pnach files.

The game I'm trying to cheat on is Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses, the CRC is 07AD70C9 - my problem is how the hell do I use this to make a pnach?

What program do I create them in and what's the format?

I've tried using Notepad++ with the following format:

gametitle=Yu-Gi-Oh! The Duelists of the Roses
comment=All Cards in Trunk
patch=1,EE,20216B70,extended,3C036762
patch=1,EE,20216B74,extended,34630525
patch=1,EE,20216B78,extended,AC830000

then I save the file as 07AD70C9.pnach then put it in a file called "Cheats" in the PSCX2 folder.

Then when I load the game no cheats, and in the Program Log it says:

"No cheats found"

So.... what did I do wrong?

Thanks everybody

-Richard

Sponsored links

Nothing wrong in your description, so the problem is elsewhere. One the possible cases is you put it inside the PCSX2/cheats under the /Documents folder instead the /cheats folder under the installation PCSX2 folder, that one containing the executable.

If that's the case, probably you installed PCSX2 under C:\Program Files (x86), which is bad news, not only for PCSX2 as for any PC game relying on plugins and mods. That's because Windows security mechanisms is a joke and treats its folders with absurd paranoia, add the UAC and all kind of issues might happen, even having files automatically transferred to another place. Yet most problems are just access rights issues which can go on silently in many cases.

First make sure the pnach files are under the correct /cheats folder, yet is strongly advisable you moving the installed PCSX2 to another location, what can be C: itself, letting you with something like C:\PCSX2.

Once it's done move the PCSX2 folder into the location PCSX2 is currently, beware you merge them, having a PCSX2 folder inside a PCSX2 folder is wrong.

Finally create an empty and plain .txt file and rename it to portable.ini

This last procedure will grant PCSX2 will be looking for all its modules and resources inside its own root directory, making it really portable. Now you can just copy PCSX2 folder to a pendriver, take it to another machine and it will work from start with all configurations you did to it.

Edit: If moving the PCSX2 folder you may have to perform the initial configuration wizard to reflect the new location, but this is easy and certainly will spare you from many headaches lurking ahead.
Imagination is where we are truly real
wouldn't the other possibility be that instead of 07AD70C9.pnach it says 07AD70C9.pnach.txt?
So - I checked my computer and an old version of PCSX2 was found in the (x86) Program Files folder from 2012 as well as the new version I downloaded today. Deleted both of them.

Then, took the PCSX2 folder I had and put it in the C:/ Program Files folder (non-x86 by the way).

Still having the same problem.

In my PCSX2 folder I have: bios, cheats, inis, logs, memcards, snaps, sstates.

and I have the .pnach files I detailed above in the "cheats" folder.

Also, my PCSX2 folder is on my desktop, and my PCSX2.exe file is on my desktop outside of that folder.

So, when I run my .exe file I get the message:

"No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats."

So... should I delete everything have to do with PCSX2 from my computer and simply download it again and try this all over, or what....?

I'm stumped.
Download the GIT version: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-GIT-Weekly-Builds
Extract it on your desktop, then copy over your BIOS, cheats, etc into your new pcsx2.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(06-20-2014, 08:39 AM)Zphix Wrote: So - I checked my computer and an old version of PCSX2 was found in the (x86) Program Files folder from 2012 as well as the new version I downloaded today. Deleted both of them.

Then, took the PCSX2 folder I had and put it in the C:/ Program Files folder (non-x86 by the way).

Still having the same problem.

In my PCSX2 folder I have: bios, cheats, inis, logs, memcards, snaps, sstates.

and I have the .pnach files I detailed above in the "cheats" folder.

Also, my PCSX2 folder is on my desktop, and my PCSX2.exe file is on my desktop outside of that folder.

So, when I run my .exe file I get the message:

"No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats."

So... should I delete everything have to do with PCSX2 from my computer and simply download it again and try this all over, or what....?

I'm stumped.

Just follow what was recommended. There are too many mistakes in how you did it.

Know that \Program Files is the folder version for 64 bits applications and as much protected as the (x86) counterpart is.

PCSX2.exe almost certainly is not at the Desktop, it would just fail to run from there due to lack of the supporting files, what is in there is almost certainly a shortcut.

Yet, the message is plain clear, the pnach file is not found, what can mean only three things:

1 - It is at wrong place.
2 - It is wrongly named.
3 - it is at a forbidden folder (by Windows access rights features).

At least tell us the pnach file is at the cheat directory under the actual install folder and not under /Documents/PCSX2/cheats.

Make sure that pcsx2 on the Desktop is pointing to correct PCSX2.exe.

Edit: Just to add, just moving the directory and not merging that one inside the /Documents folder you'd be still pointing to wrong place. So, merge the folders AND rerun the configuration wizard to grant the paths are corrected. (don't forget to create the empty portable.ini file).
Before I read your last message I just deleted everything on my computer having to do with PSCX2 then re-downloaded it and put it directly into the C:/ space. I ran through Program Files (x86) and non (x86), as well as the Documents folder and now the only place PSCX2 exists is directly in the C:/ space.

As in Start--> Computer --> C:/ --> PCSX2 1.0.0 and in that folder is this

[Image: peBpXhf.jpg]

In the "Cheats" folder is the .pnach file.

The game .iso file is on the desktop.

Still can't find cheats - so do I still do what you recommended above?
Can you please upload/attach the emulog and the pnach file?
Yep, at that point the only explication being the CRC is wrong or there is a .txt after .pnach (making something like CRC.pnach.txt where the .txt is invisible). As pointed in the StriFe's reply.

To prevent this happening (and for sanity reasons) open the explorer, navigate to "view" and make sure Windows is set to NOT hide extension from known files. If windows 8 the tab "view" is directly accessible, click it and tick the option to show file extensions.
Here are the files:

One is of the computer being set to NOT hide file extensions.

The other is the Emulog.txt

The other is the 07AD70C9.pnach file

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   07AD70C9.pnach (Size: 190 bytes / Downloads: 221)
.txt   Emulog.txt (Size: 8,08 KB / Downloads: 253)