PPA is broken for PCSX2 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bits
You need to enable multiarch (normally enable by default) then install the 32bits version of the ppa.
Code:
apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

Sponsored links

Hello...
I have tried ppa ubuntu precise on 64bits enviroment and optimus nvidia (probably a dificult enviroment to begin).

If I run pscx2, i can run games with null video plugin, and I can hear the sound... The zz video plugin is not selectable....

If I run "optirun pscx2", I can select zz video plugin, but seems to make nothing at all...

optirun with supertuxraging works fine (opengl is working)

Do you know how I can trace... or some clue to make it work?

Thanks a lot...
Don't know optirun! It is a script or an exectuable? If the latter optirun must be in 32 bits and you must check that 32bits opengl is working not 64bits one.
Some modern laptops has "optimus nvidia card" with two graphic cards:
- one intel integrated-on-cpu for low requirements and save batery
- second Nvidia for high (opengl 3D) requirements.

linux support is relatively well done with "Bumblebee" project, that in practice lets run any program launched with "optirun" to force the use of Nvidia.

i.e. if you run "nexuiz" you get low fps because of use intel integrated graphic card. if you run "optirun nexuiz" you can get more fps because of use nvidia engine.

I suppose optirun is 64 bits but I dont know how it works inside with opengl 32/64bits libs, but I suppose that those depend on libs requested by pscx2 or plugin...
You can easily know the format of optirun, Just do
Code:
file `which optirun`

If it is not an ELF format but a text format, you could print it with
Code:
cat  `which optirun`
Thanks...
file `which optirun`
/usr/bin/optirun: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, BuildID[sha1]=0x3410783cede126d492e7455103276768d004047d, stripped

Ive been searching with this...
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bum.../issues/47
but I can`t undestand...
Hum I don't know if a 64bits program can fork a 32bits one. Hum gdb seems to do it. Anyway for testing the best is to install the full 32bits stack.
Code:
dpkg -S `which optirun`
Then install the 32bits package instead
Code:
apt-get installl the_package:i386
Hopefully it would install all dependency.
Install some 32bis tools
Code:
apt-get install  mesa-utils:i386
Then you can check the status with glxgears and glxinfo with/without optirun.

Edit: 64bits application will be replaced by 32bits it is normal.
ok...
Thanks for your support...

Im not @ my pc now (only ssh) but I will try asap...

Probably this was my problem... Im seen instructions in http://bumblebee-project.org/install.html

"If you intend to run 32-bit programs like Wine and using Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric or later, install 32-bit libraries with:
sudo apt-get install virtualgl-libs:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libc6:i386"
SOLVED!!!

Finally works fine only with:
Code:
sudo apt-get install virtualgl-libs:i386
from ppa bumblebee repositories.

Thanks a lot for your support
Greetings. Another newbie here.
I m trying to install PCSX2 on Linux Mint 12 64 bit. And if I got it right Mint 12 is based on Ubuntu 11.10 and has multiarch enabled by default.
So I am trying it with
Code:
apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386
as Gregory said.
And I m getting a lot of unmet dependencies, like this:
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pcsx2-unstable:i386 : Depends: libsdl1.2debian:i386 (>= 1.2.10-1) but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: libwxbase2.8-0:i386 (>= 2.8.11.0) but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0:i386 (>= 2.8.11.0) but it is not going to be installed
                       Depends: libcg:i386 or
                                nvidia-cg-toolkit:i386 (>= 2.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
And when I am trying to install any of those packages it says it's going to wipe out half of my OS.
So, do I actually get it in a wrong way, or it is really have to be installed on a 32bit system?
Thanks in advance.