Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PPSSPP Git emulator for Android/Symbian mobile phones and Windows
PPSSPP Git

PPSSPP Git (2012/11/23) is compiled. PPSSPP is a fast and portable PSP emulator for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux, written in C++.

they said it works on phones...

http://www.emucr.com/2012/11/ppsspp-git-20121123.html

offical website
http://www.ppsspp.org/

compatibility list

http://www.ppsspp.org/compatibility.html

Sponsored links

Is it better than jpcsp? Smile
(11-24-2012, 05:45 PM)billyash Wrote: Is it better than jpcsp? Smile

No, not even near, it's too early to say, BUT, it has more pottential than jpcsp in alot of aspects. One is the crossplatform factor, second is the use of a good and more efficient language than Java which is more or less the worst option to code such tough stuff like emulators and last but not least the fact that it has already stuff and examples from other emulators and homebrew debuggers that will give fast debugging without the need to search and brainstorm what could go wrong with what which was a problem with JPCSP, hence faster jumps in compatibility, quality and performance.
(11-24-2012, 07:10 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: One is the crossplatform factor

Java isn't cross platform? Tongue
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
I heard PPSSPP one of dev is from dolphin, is it true? :s
(11-24-2012, 07:28 PM)refraction Wrote: Java isn't cross platform? Tongue
Yes but JPCSP's JIT isn't and there won't be one which is a bad idea for todays standars combined with the Java option it's always going to feel like it needs a MAJOR rewrite.
Also, I hate OpenGL's performance but I prefer to compromise that for crossplatform support.

With that being said I have to say that I love JPCSP and I have full respect on it's developers but Java was the worst thing that could happen in a project as an emulator, it's like you're buying short time constantly untill you reach the point of a rewrite or abandonment of the project. They should have sticked with the C version of the emulator. Also not dealing with that issue fast and progressing the project makes more slim the possibilties of an emulator making progress and overtiring their developers because of nasty code.

(11-25-2012, 12:06 AM)billyash Wrote: I heard PPSSPP one of dev is from dolphin, is it true? :s

I take that a bit with a grain of salt, especialy combined with the recent fights between developers of emulators such as dolphin and desmume. There could be alot behind those statements that either way I don't care, I care only for results.
(11-25-2012, 12:50 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: I take that a bit with a grain of salt, especialy combined with the recent fights between developers of emulators such as dolphin and desmume. There could be alot behind those statements that either way I don't care, I care only for results.

Well, considering PPSPP link to dolphin and the dolphin site (well the google code at lease) links to PPSPP, id say its a pretty fair chance they are pretty closely linked ;p
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(11-25-2012, 01:35 AM)refraction Wrote: Well, considering PPSPP link to dolphin and the dolphin site (well the google code at lease) links to PPSPP, id say its a pretty fair chance they are pretty closely linked ;p

wow 0.o,,, future psp emulating just began Laugh,,,
New version of PPSSPP

psp emulator(ppsspp) on htc explorer(Mortal Kombat Unchained)

And we still have Soywiz's emulator, that is quite promising too.
Is in early stage, but CPU recompiler is already twice faster than JPCSP.

If I'm not mistaken, recently Sowiz is putting some effort to make the emulator work in mobile devices too along some other nice-black-magic-stuff to increase speed.
[Image: newreal.png]