PS one game compatibility
From what I know then yeah it sounds like the SIF2 business is where we are currently failing.

BUT. At least the last time I checked, if you boot certain PSX games it goes through the PSX BIOS in a weird way(audio, no video) and then hangs when the game itself would boot.

I guess this means there is some two way communication. If it was just the EE emulated GTE not receiving info from the IOP via SIF2, shouldn't audio continue but just no video?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

GTE is an IOP unit and should be fine now (since it got restored recently Smile ).
The problem is the GPU, which is connected via SIF2. It's main task is producing an image and we don't get that Wink
(01-27-2016, 09:04 PM)rama Wrote: GTE is an IOP unit and should be fine now (since it got restored recently Smile ).
The problem is the GPU, which is connected via SIF2. It's main task is producing an image and we don't get that Wink

Well I confused GTE and GPU (thought they were the same Tongue ) but my point still remains:

If the (emulated)GPU is connected via SIF2 and it isn't receiving information, you would get no image. Like we do. BUT you should still get sound and game code should still execute. Unless there is some two way communication via the same route or another route.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-27-2016, 11:36 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well I confused GTE and GPU (thought they were the same Tongue ) but my point still remains:

If the (emulated)GPU is connected via SIF2 and it isn't receiving information, you would get no image. Like we do. BUT you should still get sound and game code should still execute. Unless there is some two way communication via the same route or another route.

Not completely. The problem is games will potentially wait for the GPU to finish what it's doing, waiting for either an IRQ request or a register to be set in a certain way. Of course this doesn't happen at all currently, so it could very likely just hang, so most we get right now is the PS1 logo sound from the BIOS, then the game will hang.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-28-2016, 01:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Not completely. The problem is games will potentially wait for the GPU to finish what it's doing, waiting for either an IRQ request or a register to be set in a certain way. Of course this doesn't happen at all currently, so it could very likely just hang, so most we get right now is the PS1 logo sound from the BIOS, then the game will hang.

Well that is what I was talking about really. An IRQ or setting a register is the emulated GPU speaking back. It may not be meaningful data, but it is signalling something.
Yeh, but we can't get that far yet, so I'm stuck lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]