PS one game compatibility
(11-29-2014, 11:57 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If you want something like that, look into a multi emulator frontend like Launchbox. Then the emulators themselves become transparent, and everything happens from one program.

I am a big fan and beta tester of PCSX2 so I would like to use PCSX2 even if I have to wait for a long time I do not care as long as I know there is someone who is working on it your work is appreciated thanksBiggrin

Sponsored links

We were working on it, yea. The feature is part of the PS2 and our aim is to emulate it as best as we can.
There's no need to use other PSX emulators either. As long as we emulate the hardware correctly, the software
(PS2 BIOS and PSX game) will take over and just work.
That said, there's no one working on it now. It's still getting stuck in PSX GPU initialization.
(But one can hear a very distorted PSX startup sound already Smile )
Didnt know there was a "psx hardware part" in the ps2 ?
Well, my bad, then.

Is it the same with old ps3s ? Or it's just software emulation ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2014, 12:27 PM)rama Wrote: We were working on it, yea. The feature is part of the PS2 and our aim is to emulate it as best as we can.
There's no need to use other PSX emulators either. As long as we emulate the hardware correctly, the software
(PS2 BIOS and PSX game) will take over and just work.
That said, there's no one working on it now. It's still getting stuck in PSX GPU initialization.
(But one can hear a very distorted PSX startup sound already Smile )

OK great news I have a question what does it take for a thread to be considered an important thread in these forums...?
(11-30-2014, 12:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Didnt know there was a "psx hardware part" in the ps2 ?
Well, my bad, then.

Is it the same with old ps3s ? Or it's just software emulation ?

The PS2 is designed "around" a PSX, more or less Tongue2
Sony added extra processors, memory and a new graphic chip leaving the older
hardware for input / output, memory cards, sound and disk reading (all modified though).

The early PS3 models weren't designed like that. Sony just duplicated PS2 hardware without
making use of it in PS3 mode. I suppose in PS3 mode it just got turned off.
So the question still remains : What does it take for a thread to be considered an important thread in these forums...?
(11-30-2014, 02:10 PM)rama Wrote: The PS2 is designed "around" a PSX, more or less Tongue2
Sony added extra processors, memory and a new graphic chip leaving the older
hardware for input / output, memory cards, sound and disk reading (all modified though).

The early PS3 models weren't designed like that. Sony just duplicated PS2 hardware without
making use of it in PS3 mode. I suppose in PS3 mode it just got turned off.
Alright. Thanks for clarification.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2014, 02:42 PM)kage Wrote: So the question still remains : What does it take for a thread to be considered an important thread in these forums...?

I am thinking we should mark this thread as important and discuss PS1 compatibility feature progress what do you people think...?
(11-30-2014, 05:01 PM)kage Wrote: I am thinking we should mark this thread as important and discuss PS1 compatibility feature progress what do you people think...?

No.

Please stop asking. You've asked three times now. The issue is important, yes, but we don't stick every thread that is important(else we would have a ton of them).

This thread will suffice just fine as it is. Maybe even move it to developer discussion.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-30-2014, 08:49 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No.

Please stop asking. You've asked three times now. The issue is important, yes, but we don't stick every thread that is important(else we would have a ton of them).

This thread will suffice just fine as it is. Maybe even move it to developer discussion.

OK there is no need to count how many times I have asked I get the point already I will stop it because you said " this issue is important "
I am sorry if I troubled you