PS one game compatibility
(12-02-2014, 08:08 PM)Triver Wrote: Well I don't really care if the game looks dated as long as its an improvement over the original (or at least a higher resolution).
And considering the original PSX resolution is relatively small (pretty much everything below 800x600 is a pain to look at on a 1920x1080 display Tongue), I would say its very well worth the effort to try to improve that.

Thanks, I found this as well some time after I wrote my post but this database is only targeted towards ePSXe which as I said, I try to avoid to use due to closed source and no support for lilyPad plugin.

So it is targeted towards ePSXe thanks for the clarification Biggrin

Sponsored links

(12-02-2014, 08:08 PM)Triver Wrote: Well I don't really care if the game looks dated as long as its an improvement over the original (or at least a higher resolution).
And considering the original PSX resolution is relatively small (pretty much everything below 800x600 is a pain to look at on a 1920x1080 display Tongue), I would say its very well worth the effort to try to improve that.

It really depends on the type of game.
Purely 3D games work reasonably well upscaled with a hardware solution, although it tends to emphasize the wobble to some degree.
Anything 2D is far better off being rendered in software with some dithering applied. Same goes for mixed 2D/3D, really, since otherwise the sharp contrast between these elements is a fairly large hit to overall image quality, IMO.

I'm actually replaying SaGa Frontier currently using Mednafen, and it still looks pretty good. 2D PS1 games tend to hold up better anyway, though.
(12-02-2014, 10:11 PM)Eloris Wrote: Purely 3D games work reasonably well upscaled with a hardware solution, although it tends to emphasize the wobble to some degree.

PCSXR with GTE accuracy hack almost completely eliminates the polygon wobble that PSX emulators have had for so long. It's extremely awesome.

http://ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2twea...ck.160319/

It's why I switched from ePSXe to PCSXR
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I'm sure the accuracy hack will break some things, dunno how much though.
Upscaling will cause half the library to look bad, basically whenever 2D and 3D are mixed.
When it works, it still creates razor sharp but low polygon count graphics. Not really more appealing
than the original with a TV shader on it. But to each their own, I guess Tongue2
So far the accuracy hack hasn't caused me any issues, but yeah, I'm sure it breaks SOMETHING.

For 2d, I like either dithered effect, or pixel art scalers (xBRZ, HQ2X, etc)

For 3d, I like upscaled.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Quote:PCSXR with GTE accuracy hack almost completely eliminates the polygon wobble that PSX emulators have had for so long. It's extremely awesome.

Holy crap, I can't go back now after trying this. Alundra 2 looks awesome now on widescreen and without everyone having a seizure in it all the time. Thanks for mentioning it.
(12-04-2014, 04:02 AM)K.F Wrote: Holy crap, I can't go back now after trying this. Alundra 2 looks awesome now on widescreen and without everyone having a seizure in it all the time. Thanks for mentioning it.
Hi , as I said before I am a beta tester but because of such a large library of games I do not know which one to choose so can you give me some suggestions so I can start testing....?
Lol, I went and tried this GTE hack thing out. I couldn't find an obvious example where it worked but I did find one example where it created bugs in Alundra 2 Tongue2
(12-28-2014, 04:28 PM)rama Wrote: Lol, I went and tried this GTE hack thing out. I couldn't find an obvious example where it worked but I did find one example where it created bugs in Alundra 2 Tongue2
I am currently playing samurai warriors 2 on PC I tried playing it on PCSX2 but the graphics were lets just say not so polished when compared to the PC version please note I had the latest patch for samurai warriors 2 the PC version I do not know if the patch is the reason behind the improved graphics though(PC version)
(12-28-2014, 04:28 PM)rama Wrote: Lol, I went and tried this GTE hack thing out. I couldn't find an obvious example where it worked but I did find one example where it created bugs in Alundra 2 Tongue2

The opening of Chrono Chross. The characters shake like crazy without it. With it they are rock solid.