PS one game compatibility
ok people I know this is a PS2 emulator but the original PS2 supported PS1 games so the emulator should also support this great feature it has been a long time since I tried this feature and to be honest I do not know the latest news about it but at the time - when I tried it it was not working but now I do not know. if it works give me one reply "It works" by the way this is my first post so...

Sponsored links

It doesnt work, and will never.
It´s a useless feature.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-29-2014, 09:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: It doesnt work, and will never.
It´s a useless feature.

Give it a chance and think of it as a coding challenge what do you say...?
I say the so-called "retrocompatibility" was nothing else but a built-in ps1 emulator.
There are many excellent ps1 emulators all around the web, thus no time to lose in coding another one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-29-2014, 09:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I say the so-called "retrocompatibility" was nothing else but a built-in ps1 emulator.
There are many excellent ps1 emulators all around the web, thus no time to lose in coding another one.
You make a good point actually , So let me discuss my point which is " one program does it all" why should we download 2 emulators when we can have one...?
because there are only a handful of pcsx2 devs and coding an emulator from scratch takes a lot of work.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-29-2014, 10:05 PM)kage Wrote: You make a good point actually , So let me discuss my point which is " one program does it all" why should we download 2 emulators when we can have one...?

If you want something like that, look into a multi emulator frontend like Launchbox. Then the emulators themselves become transparent, and everything happens from one program.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
There's a couple compelling reasons to get PS1 working in PCSX2, mainly testing and refinement the components around the IOP co-processor
(CDVD, SPU, bus system, IOP itself).

PS2 definitely has backwards compatibility hardware by the way. It only relies on emulation for the GPU and "GTE" processor.
All the rest is present in the PS2 and serves secondary tasks when in PS2 mode, and acts as regular PSX parts in PSX mode.

In this regard it is a bit like Sega Hardware. Their Mega Drive (Genesis) was also built around the older System (Master System) to allow
for backwards compatibility but also because these parts are somewhat of a proven design Smile

In any case, PCSX2 currently hangs when booting PSX software. We got a little further some time ago but are stuck now.
(11-30-2014, 02:19 AM)rama Wrote: There's a couple compelling reasons to get PS1 working in PCSX2, mainly testing and refinement the components around the IOP co-processor
(CDVD, SPU, bus system, IOP itself).

PS2 definitely has backwards compatibility hardware by the way. It only relies on emulation for the GPU and "GTE" processor.
All the rest is present in the PS2 and serves secondary tasks when in PS2 mode, and acts as regular PSX parts in PSX mode.

In this regard it is a bit like Sega Hardware. Their Mega Drive (Genesis) was also built around the older System (Master System) to allow
for backwards compatibility but also because these parts are somewhat of a proven design Smile

In any case, PCSX2 currently hangs when booting PSX software. We got a little further some time ago but are stuck now.

You said " we got a little further sometime ago but are stuck now " stuck where exactly.... Does that mean there is a team working on it...?
(11-29-2014, 10:09 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: because there are only a handful of pcsx2 devs and coding an emulator from scratch takes a lot of work.
" There is a handful of PCSX2 developers " I was right there is a team working on that....?
If they can just use pcsx1 ready-made code then it wouldn't be a lot of work huh note that I do not know that much about coding OK