Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PS2 Audio/Video not working...
I need some help with my PS2 SCPH-30001. I really wanted to try PCSX2, but it runs too slow on my computer, so I might as well try to fix my PS2.

There appears to be no audio or video output on my TV from the PS2. I'm sure the AV cable is fine, and the TV is fine, as my Xbox can still output audio and video to it. Is this perhaps an internal PS2 defect? I've heard over the web about broken fuses and whatnot on the motherboard that might prevent AV output. What could be preventing AV output?

Any help is appreciated.

By the way, this problem occurred right after I adjusted the DVD laser's voltage. My PS2 was not reading any DVD's so I opened it up, and adjusted the laser until it worked. THEN, when I turned off the PS2 to put it all back together, I turned it back on, and that's when it stopped working.

Sponsored links

I think there's just too many variables we can't eliminate in this case, try doing it from PC->TV so you can eliminate the TV and the cable as being the problem before you dive into all that solder covered "stuff" in the PS2.
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by PC -> TV? Do you mean I should use the emulator and make it output to the TV? My TV is fine, as my Xbox still outputs to it, but I'll do it anyways just to check if the cable's the problem.

By the way, this problem occurred right after I adjusted the DVD laser's voltage. My PS2 was not reading any DVD's so I opened it up, and adjusted the laser until it worked. THEN, when I turned off the PS2 to put it all back together, I turned it back on, and that's when it stopped working. Just posting this part if it matters. I'll edit it into my first post.
Well, you must've come on some weak solder and ripped an electrical connection.
It's also possible that static electricity killed some circuit.

In any case, fixing this problem will require an electrician with the right tools.

You could save yourself the trouble and just buy another PS2 Wink
^This is probably the case, since I found out my AV cable and TV are not the problem...
Yeah, I guess my PS2 is doomed... I'm gonna buy another PS2... wow...
turn the system off. then hold the power button down for 5 secs until you hear a beep it will reset your ps3 to minimum video settings. (you were using a composite cable weren't you Smile
Wiggle the cable in the back of the PS2 a little, this has happened to my ps3 once, wiggled the cable in the back a little and it worked. Also do you have the normal 3 wire colors cable or the 480P ones? The TV must have the same colored slots as the cables.