PS2 Emulator iso and disc help?
So ive been playing kingdom hearts from my disc using the pcsx2 emulator
i recently got a new laptop but it doesn't have a disc drive (it's one of those ultrabook tablets)
so my question is, if i download the KH iso file and run that instead with the memory card file i used for my disc game, would the data be transferred, or would it just be a new game completely?

thanks!

Sponsored links

Downloading the game from the internet is considered piracy

Make an ISO of the game using imgburn (I believe that's the recommended tool) and copy it over using a USB drive or whatnot. Then copy your whole PCSX2 folder with memcards and BIOS and your savestates and all should work Smile just point the configuration to the ISO as opposed to the DVD.
(12-08-2013, 08:56 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: Downloading the game from the internet is considered piracy

Make an ISO of the game using imgburn (I believe that's the recommended tool) and copy it over using a USB drive or whatnot. Then copy your whole PCSX2 folder with memcards and BIOS and your savestates and all should work :) just point the configuration to the ISO as opposed to the DVD.

Will do just that!
I was actually going to emphasize on creating a ISO from my own game, so this works out perfectly!
Thank you so much! :)
(12-08-2013, 09:00 PM)Makototueres Wrote: Will do just that!
I was actually going to emphasize on creating a ISO from my own game, so this works out perfectly!
Thank you so much! Smile

You should do it on your other computer too, it will run faster and wouldn't require you finding the DVD or the drive to be running Smile of course you need the HDD space Smile
(12-08-2013, 09:04 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: You should do it on your other computer too, it will run faster and wouldn't require you finding the DVD or the drive to be running Smile of course you need the HDD space Smile

Just now finished doing that, and everything works great! Laugh Thank you again!
I personally use InfraRecorder to rip ISOs of my PS2 games so I can play them from a hard drive instead of having the DVD spinning in the optical drive. Greatly improves loading times as well Smile