PS2 Game Settings and Compatibility?
I have a few inquiries, and if this is not the appropriate place, kindly let me know. As a newcomer to this platform, I'm still learning the ropes.

Firstly, I own several PS2 games, some of which have challenging characters and content to unlock. I also possess an Action Replay Max disc. My initial question is whether there's a way to utilize the Action Replay Max disc with the games I own, considering I have the games on physical discs from my original PS2 console, and I'm not into using ROMs.

Secondly, I'm seeking advice on the optimal settings for sports games. Occasionally, I notice that they seem to run too fast or encounter lagging issues, and certain elements like FMVs, walls, and crowds may not load correctly. For instance, Arena Football appears to have excellent field and player graphics, but the FMVs, walls, and crowds are absent, and the loading screen has issues.

Lastly, I'm curious if it's possible to play my PS1 games on the same system. I still have a couple of PS1 games on disc that I'd like to enjoy, but when I attempt to play them, the textures appear distorted and unappealing, and the sound doesn't function as expected. On the bright side, FMVs work well with the PS1 games.

I exclusively use physical discs for all my gaming, so my questions revolve around playing games and using the Action Replay Max on disc.

I appreciate your assistance and insights. Thank you!

Sponsored links

(07-27-2023, 07:37 AM)PomarTonkaa Wrote: I have a few inquiries, and if this is not the appropriate place, kindly let me know. As a newcomer to this platform, I'm still learning the ropes.

Firstly, I own several PS2 games, some of which have challenging characters and content to unlock. I also possess an Action Replay Max disc. My initial question is whether there's a way to utilize the Action Replay Max disc with the games I own, considering I have the games on physical discs from my original PS2 console, and I'm not into using ROMs.

Secondly, I'm seeking advice on the optimal settings for sports games. Occasionally, I notice that they seem to run too fast or encounter lagging issues, and certain elements like FMVs, walls, and crowds may not load correctly. For instance, Arena Football appears to have excellent field and player graphics, but the FMVs, walls, and crowds are absent, and the loading screen has issues.

Lastly, I'm curious if it's possible to play my PS1 games on the same system. I still have a couple of PS1 games on disc that I'd like to enjoy, but when I attempt to play them, the textures appear distorted and unappealing, and the sound doesn't function as expected. On the bright side, FMVs work well with the PS1 games.

I exclusively use physical discs for all my gaming, so my questions revolve around playing games and using the Action Replay Max on disc.

I appreciate your assistance and insights. Thank you!
1) Max action Replay... Others have more expertise than I do, though searching around forums may get your answer. PCSX2 supports lots of cheats that could possibly be converted out of Action Replay stuff. I don't believe it supports the Action Replay disk boot and swap to a game specifically because of how it deals with game loading.

2) Lagging and game specific issues are dependent on hardware capabilities or per-game settings (or emulation bugs) respectively. Hopefully you're using latest 1.7 dev builds as some of the issues you mentioned have been resolved in other sports games. You should probably open a separate discussion with specific examples per game basis. But also, you should definitely be using 1.7 builds.

3) PS1 <- DuckStation. End of discussion Smile.