PS2 Game(Ty the Tasmanian Tiger) Running too slow then too fast
Hi guys, just signed up.

So I'm playing Ty, and it's hard to explain what's happening, but I'll try. Th only way I can explain is like it fast forwards for a few seconds, then goes into slow motion for a few seconds and then repeats. Cutscenes are always sped up, by the looks of it, by about 300-400%. I've checked and the speed up and slow-mo are not on when this happens. When it's in Slow-Mo it's as though it lagging quite big.

I can still play the game, but the music constantly going slow then fast is giving me a headache. I'm pretty sure this is something to do with the settings so any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

The framelimiter is disabled, that's the reason for the too fast condition. The too low is trickier, you'll need speedhacks to improve it or the machine is just too slow for the task.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-26-2013, 07:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The framelimiter is disabled, that's the reason for the too fast condition. The too low is trickier, you'll need speedhacks to improve it or the machine is just too slow for the task.

Hmm, my computer is more than capable of handling it I think.

Can I set the Speedhacks to run the game as it should?
(02-26-2013, 11:07 PM)4 Aces Wrote: Hmm, my computer is more than capable of handling it I think.

Can I set the Speedhacks to run the game as it should?

would not hurt if you tell us the machine specs so we can have an idea of how much speed hack you'd need.

Generally, EE cyclerate at 2 and/or VU cycle stealing at 1 or 2 should do the trick. Don't be sure the machine is powerful enough just because it can run faster at some points, the points where it can't are the real problem.

I'm not saying your machine is weak (and could not say if don't know it), I don't know that specific game also and can't say how demanding it is or if it has specific problems running.
Imagination is where we are truly real
My machine is:

As-RocK Mo-Board
8gb Ram
AMD Athlon II X4
Asus GTX550Ti

After watching the FPS performance dip in game it's definitely when more of the land in on the screen at once. If I look straight down so there's barely anything on the screen the FPS is fine. As it look, I don't think the game actually gets any faster, it's just because I'm used to the low FPS.

It's beginning to affect gaming now, since I'll go to jump off a cliff and it'll slowmo, and I'll jump too early or something.
Quote:AMD Athlon II X4
bad start Sad
what is your cpu clockspeed ?
what do the ee % & gs % say when you get slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-27-2013, 08:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: bad start Sad
what is your cpu clockspeed ?
what do the ee % & gs % say when you get slowdowns ?

EE hits 100% and GS hits around 45%
means your cpu is struggling.
you'll need to get a better one or at least experiment speedhacks.
But i highly doubt you'll reach playable speeds...
Every person I tell my specs to says something different is the bad part >.<
I don't knwo what the others said, I don't know what's bad in your PC. Al I can tell you is that this EE @ 100% means your CPU is having a hard time running pcsx2, nothing else