PS2 can run PSX games...
There's the chance though that we'll natively support psx games sometime.
Iirc not much changes are needed to do that, and I'd love to test the IOP this way Wink

Sponsored links

to be honest i have 2 folders, epsxe and pcsx2. 2 shortcuts on my desktop. double click for PSX double click for PS2.

Native support for PSX games on PCSX2 would be nice but if it doesn't happen ill be glad to double click my epsxe icon on desktop, not like i need both running at the same time.

I think that it will happen eventually, the aim of this project is to get full emulation for the ps2, and the only way to do that is to be able to emulate the ps1 as well.On a side note, I can play audio cds through pcsx2. It's no where near perfect but it shows that the emulator has come far.
(09-09-2009, 05:33 AM)bkwegoharder Wrote: I think that it will happen eventually, the aim of this project is to get full emulation for the ps2, and the only way to do that is to be able to emulate the ps1 as well.On a side note, I can play audio cds through pcsx2. It's no where near perfect but it shows that the emulator has come far.

They aren't looking to perfectly mimic the PS2, the purpose of PCSX2 is to get a working PS2 emulator. It's a subtle difference, but very important. Anything that isn't required to get PS2 games running will most likely not be developed, and that includes PSX playing.

Seriously, if you want to play PSX games grab one of the (many) good PSX emulators and have at it. Including it into PCSX2 is a waste of the developer's time.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I read differently in one of the faqs on this site.
(09-09-2009, 07:38 AM)bkwegoharder Wrote: I read differently in one of the faqs on this site.

FAQ Wrote:What is the aim of this project?

The aim of this project is to emulate the Playstation 2, allowing people to play their Ps2 games on their pc. This requires having an original Playstation 2 console (for the BIOS) and of course having the original games as well.

Do ps1 games work with this emulator?

No, this emulator only works with playstation 2 games. In order to play Ps1 games, you will need a ps1 emulator.

With the same logic, we should also emulate the DVD player and the audio disc player the PS2 has...which would be a waste of time really.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
...as I said, there will be flaming...
Also I noticed that many of you just stand to fight, ...you're not even thinking at the emu like creators do, if you wanna emulate a console like PS2, the emulation should be complete to say that you emulated it,...what if a game doesn't work becouse emulator can't handle PSX games, & for specific PS2 game it is needed, or something else?
I mentioned ePSXe because I didn't follow other projects, I totaly forgot bout PcSx that was running, srry devs...
I think it would be nice to have PS2 on PC, by that I mean alos PSX games able to play, ...& regarding to dougble settings, althou there is already thread bout saving config files for specific game, it could be made in emu, so it seets up some parameters for it self when running game, by that I mean setting parameters that must be set in order to run a game, & also, parameter could be changed by user for it's specific PC, by that we could overcome many problems that we have while setting game... We all know, that we all set PcSx2 almost same for specific game... I think when PcSx2 comes to version 1.0.0 it will be able to do much more, in fact, it will be able to run 90% of games with it's own settings, & for speed you will only need to change something, specific to your PC... All this could be done for PSX games too, settings for this games are almos the same for all PC, because we don't run this emu on PII on 450MHz, we all have 2+GHz CPU's with at least two cores...

Cheers...

Edit: ...by this I didn't mean to do this right away, but when emu will be in finishing stadium...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
it would be nice if it had psx support to some degree because there are a few PSX games I'd like to pull from my epsxe card to my PSP for transfer to my brother's ps3. ps3 supports the psp natively, and the format can be pulled from on a PS2
rex1825:
Of course we'd like to be able to emulate the psx functionality of the ps2. It would help us improve the ps2 emulation as well.
What we do not need is an emulator "mix", where we just pack another emulator on top of pcsx2. That's just silly Tongue2
Different teams provide different ways of resolving console logic...that's why you can't just expect the epsxe team and pcsx2 team to join forces just like that. Sure the ps2's i/o chip is the psx's main processor..but that's where the similarities end, IMO.