Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS2 must play jRPGs
Im making a list like that, can you help me with it?

as far i got:

Ar Tonelico 1,2
Digital Devil Saga 1,2
Radiata Stories
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2
Disgaea 1,2
Grandia 3
Persona 3,4
Shadow Hearts 2,3
Shining Force
Steambot Chronicles
Suikoden IV, V
Tales of Destiny
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Phantasia
Valkyrie Profile 2
Wild Arms 4, 5
Dragon Quest VIII
La Pucelle Tactics
Odin Sphere
Rogue Galaxy
Devil Summoner 1,2
Star Ocean 3
Xenosaga 2, 3
Dark Cloud 2
Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII

what other games would fit in here?
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.

Sponsored links

wwe smackdown vs raw 2009 worked 100%
bad boys 2 100%
crusty demons 100% software mod
DBZBT2 100%
destroy all humans1 + 2 100%
pimp my ride 100%
hslf life 100%
50 cent bullet proof 100%
the thing 100%
lord of the rings 4 100%
god of war 1+2 90% needs special config.
grand theft auto super man and other vesions 100%
dude, those are not jRPGs... And whats up with those percents? Im not asking what works on pcsx2... i just want to make a "ps2 must play jRPGs list"...
if on your ps2

need for speed shift and undercover
games already sed
metal gear 3
call of duty world at war
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
jake 3
xmen origing wolverine
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
area 51
midnight club III

i will buy them nearly note:in lebanon they would cost about 100$
and i will try them on pcsx2.

oops! sorry. i was writing the games while you have posted
english dude? do you speak it?
no i speek arabic and iam lerning english in school so...
i have urge to write very insulting post now. >:[
Lets just get back to the topic, and coder_fx, dont post anything if you dont know what the thread is about.
ok, iam sorry for posting in your thread..sorry agian
Those are all of mine JRPGs(I don't know if all of them can go to the JRPG category).I don't like all of them,I just post my list.

.Hack GU - Good game but on the second play it's kinda boring(or maybe only Vol. 1...couple of weeks I install of of the 3 volumes on my PS2HDD but I get bored of the first volume and I delete all of them but I'm thinking of installing Vol 2 and 3)

Ar Tonelico 1,2 - Played the first one(first time playing)using was good game but after playing AT2,AT1 seems too boring(AT2 was really good game and I'm thinking of starting it again)
Atelier Iris 1,2,3 - The first one was the finniest(but hardest,the main character was almost useless in battle),the second one was the longest and good overall and the third one has the best battles and battles soundtrack of all 3 of them)

Dark Cloud 2 - Good game but I wasn't able to beat the boss in the extra dungeon.

Devil Summoner 2 - At the beginning it looks good but I got bored when the game started Biggrin (after the tutorial but I'll continue it some day)

Digital Devil Saga 1,2 - Played only the first one a little but I got bored

Disgaea 1,2 - Played a little from both of them but I still can't get use to the battles(like on FFT of PS1)

Dragon Quest 8 - Good game but the most annoying is that is really hard to level up and especially to gain money...that's the only thing I didn't like about this game(did you see Mr.Satan from DBZ there...that game reminds me a lot of DBZ)

Final Fanstasy 10,10-2,12 - 10 was good game but I don't like the level up that game was REAL disappointment for me,that game was the one that I really wanted before having a PS2.The ATB system on FF7,8,9 was ok but here it's really annoying and after reaching the end of the game,the battle there were something that I just can't bare to play.And about FF12...for me this is the best PS2 FF game but it's little boring on some places.

Full Metal Alchemist 2 - Didn't liked that game,I was playing it as fast as I can to finish it.

Grandia 2,3,Xtreme - 2 was ok,Extreme became boring near the end of the game and I abandon it for now(someday I'll clear it but when that will be I don't know).And about's good game when you start it but latter the battles become real hard and annoying or easy to win but the last boss I was mad to that game and after that boss kill be I just used cheats to finish the game

Kingdom Hearts 1,2,Chain of Memories - 1 and 2 are good games but Chain of Memories didn't stated yet.

Legaia 2 Duel Saga - I think this one of my fist games and for me it's really good genre(too bad there are only two games of this type)

Mana Khemia 1,2 - 1 was good game,I can't say anything bad about it but the second one has boring story but it has some good point in battles.

Odin Sphere - Played that game a little but I got bored.

Persona 3 FES,4 - FES...I don't know I played 3 and it was good game but I still didn't see anything new in FES.And about's good game but at the middle of the game(I think) I was able to create persona that makes me completely immune to everything except almighty.After that I played the game solo.
Phantasy Star Universe 2 - good game but bad ending

Phantom Brave - Still didn't played this game

Radiata Stories - It was good the first time(I take the unhuman part)but I can't get myself to start it again.

Rogue Galaxy - One of my favorites.

Romancing Saga - Still didn't played this game

Shadow Hearts 1,2,3 - 1...I'm in the sewer now Tongue2,2 for me this is the best of all,too bad it's not working on HDLoader.And 3...good but...

Shining Force Exa,NEO,Tears - EXA has terrible voice acting and after playing NEO,EXA is boring.NEO and then best of all 3 and bored on the tutorial.

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters - Played that game a little but...

Star Ocean 3 - Good game but if you can do more than just to hits it will be perfect(I was looking to game similar to ToA battle system when I get this game)

Tales of Legendia - Really funny game and the battles weren't that bad considering the 2D battles

Tales of the Abyss - The is my real favorite of all RPG's that I have.

Valkyrie Profile 2 - Played like 10 hours but I just can't get use to the battle system but I want to play that game

Wild Arms Alter Code F - Played that game a little and I'll continue it someday

Wild Arms 4 - Good game

Wild Arms 5 - Another good game but one of the extra bosses(two bosses battle) was really annoying even if I have max attack/magic and a lot of defense. From time to time I go play again Ragu O Ragula(finish that game 2 times and I'm playing the third time)

Xenosaga 3 - Boring,nothing else to say.
Well for me there are your normal RPG games and action ones I always separate them >_>

Normal RPG:
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4
Final Fantasy X (not X-2 or XII >_>)
Dragon Quest VIII
Shadow Hearts 1
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Valkyrie Profile 2
Xenosaga I
Xenosaga III
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Star Ocean 3
Tales of the Abyss
Grandia III
Makai Kingdom
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms 5
Atelier Iris
Radiata Stones
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits

Dark Cloud 2
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Odin Sphere
Rogue Galaxy
.hack infection
.hack mutation
.hack outbreak
.hack quarantine

Those are the only ones I consider worth playing and replaying (replaying is debatable in the .hack ones :P)
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64