PS3 Controller Not Detected by PCSX2
DS3 is DualShock 3. It says on the controller what one it is - Dual Shock 3 and Sixaxis or just Sixaxis.
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments

Sponsored links

You disable Pad 2 by clicking on the Pad 2 bit on the General settings screen and change the option in the drop down box from Dualshock 2 to Unplugged. (Coincidentally, if you ever want to play Guitar Hero and have a compatible controller, that's where you can change the controller type to Guitar as opposed to Dualshock 2)
(08-12-2012, 07:52 PM)BigLoz Wrote: DS3 is DualShock 3. It says on the controller what one it is - Dual Shock 3 and Sixaxis or just Sixaxis.

oh, duh! haha. Yeah my controller is a DualShock 3 Sixaxis
Is that everything sorted with the controller then?
(08-12-2012, 09:33 PM)Ravin1337 Wrote: Is that everything sorted with the controller then?

Nope. Still trying to figure what the problem is.
(08-12-2012, 10:24 PM)siirus09 Wrote: Nope. Still trying to figure what the problem is.

Hmm try completely uninstalling all the drivers, removing MotioninJoy and the .dll file from PCSX2 plugins, and install everything again. Very odd it doesn't work.

Mine works perfectly and all I do is:

1) Install MotioninJoy latest version
2) Open up DS3 tool
3) Connect PS3 Controller to PC via USB cable
4) Wait for Windows to install drivers
5) On DS3 tool click 'Driver Manager', tick the correct USB port, and click 'Load driver'
6) Download LilyPad-MotioninJoy.dll
7) Place it in PCSX2 plugins folder
8) Choose 'Playstation 2' ( for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive)' profile in DS3 Tool
9) Click 'Enable' and 'Vibration Testing' and calibrate plus test controls
10) Select 'LilyPad-MotioninJoy svn (r5112) 0.11.0 [LilyPad-MotioninJoy]'
11) Make sure 'DirectInput' is checked
12) Configure controls
We
Usually
Take
All
N*****
Garments
(08-13-2012, 02:11 AM)BigLoz Wrote: Hmm try completely uninstalling all the drivers, removing MotioninJoy and the .dll file from PCSX2 plugins, and install everything again. Very odd it doesn't work.

2) Open up DS3 tool
5) On DS3 tool click 'Driver Manager', tick the correct USB port, and click 'Load driver'
8) Choose 'Playstation 2' ( for PCSX2 with pressure sensitive)' profile in DS3 Tool
12) Configure controls

I will uninstall everything and re-install and let you know what happens.
Alright so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it all the same way. I selected the tick boxes that were shown in the earlier post and for some reason I got it working now. The controller is reading as MotionInJoy Virtual Controller and the PS3 controller is still reading as [Detached]. I guess Ill just leave it that way since everything is working now. Thank you for your patience gentleman.

Now time to play Okami after so many years.
This works perfectly for me until step 9. In MotionJoy, vibration testing works fine, but when I select the game controller panel my controller doesn't show up. Do you have any idea why that might be, or how to fix that problem?

(08-13-2012, 02:11 AM)BigLoz Wrote: Hmm try completely uninstalling all the drivers, removing MotioninJoy and the .dll file from PCSX2 plugins, and install everything again. Very odd it doesn't work.

2) Open up DS3 tool
12) Configure controls