User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PS3 Controller on 64 bit windows 2.0!
MaJoR Offline

RE: PS3 Controller on 64 bit windows 2.0!
EDIT: Scarlet.Crush has made a much better system with his SCP drivers. You should use those instead. As of this writing, the bluetooth drivers are in beta and not on the first post, look for them later on in the thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

Original Post:

It's a shame this method has been ignored since the release of motion in joy. Motion in joy is a pretty shoddy piece of software, and this method works far better overall. I just wish the native mode in lilypad was updated to work with the INF based drivers. It's alot better than the filter drivers, and libUSB itself has been moving away from filter drivers for some time.

Regardless, the convoluted process that the first post in this thread describes isn't even necessary anymore. Here's how you get it to work with the latest version of LibUSB.

This is for the LibUSB-win32 1.2.6.0 release. The latest LibUSB release as of this writing.
1. Plug in the DS3, and windows will install the dud drivers
2. Run the LibUSB INF Wizard, select the DS3, and install the INF drivers. Make note of the VID and PID, you'll need them later.
----- This is only done to get the LibUSB .sys files into the correct directories. You can copy paste, but this is easier and faster for me.
3. Uninstall the INF drivers using device manager.
----- Go ahead and checkmark "uninstall the driver" during the process. Or not, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. It doesn't remove the libusb0.sys files either way. Make note that if you are doing a FULL removal of libUSB you will need to delete them yourself.
4. Unplug and replug the controller. Windows will reinstall the dud drivers.
5. Run install-filter-win.exe, and install a filter driver for the dual shock 3, using the VID and PID you got before.
6. Now that a filter driver is active, native mode will be available in PCSX2. Enable it, then run a game in PCSX2 and press the PS button to get the controller working (keep pressing if it doesn't turn on immediately, you'll know it's working when the red "1" light is on steady). Then, set up the controls like any other emulator, and get playing.

Since it's native mode, you'll have the full functionality of the Dualshock controller that PCSX2 can provide. Full rumble, pressure sensitive buttons, the works. And once initialized, the controller will work in everything, even other emulators or PC games (minus some features, windows limitation).

Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 10:09 AM by MaJoR.)
06-03-2012 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Sponsored links

Sinisa26 Offline

I must've stuffed up really bad because none of my USB ports or the PS3 controller works. So now my computer can't do anything and I can't uninstall the program.

Anyone have a fix for it?
06-03-2012 07:34 AM
MaJoR Offline

Use safemode or a PS2 mouse/keyboard to uninstall it and fix your computer. I suggest you use the method I outlined above with the latest version of LibUSB to avoid issues such as bluescreens, driver issues, etc etc.

Windows 7 x64 | Core i5 3570K @ 4.7ghz | nVidia Geforce GTX 760 | 8GB (2x4GB) Crucial Ballistax DDR3-1600 ram | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Logitech G500
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 07:57 AM by MaJoR.)
06-03-2012 07:57 AM
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

I got tired of doing it altogether. I have a logitech controller and that'll do just fine. I'd love to use a PS3 controller, but only if it's not a hassle.

Question : If I download this "libusb", will it be simple to get the PS3 controller to work via Bluetooth? I hated Motioninjoy with a passion and I refuse to ever mess with it or anything similar again.

If it's too difficult to get a PS3 controller working via anything current, then I will simply wait and see if PCSX2 ever just implements a simple way of doing it into the emulator themselves. If not, then screw it.

[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 12:49 PM by Alexander.)
06-03-2012 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaJoR Offline

I haven't tried it myself, as I want to keep my bluetooth intact, but there are options other than Motion in Joy for bluetooth. The Tamamy drivers are probably the easiest way, but they don't appear to support pressure sensitivity. LibUSB with FreeBT and BtSix should do the trick, as it's still LibUSB it should still work with Lilypad's native mode, but I don't know the specifics as I haven't tried it yet. You'll have to find a tutorial for it. Remember that the tutorials out there are mostly outdated, and have old versions of their programs, which have alot of problems which may not be in the newer versions (such as the problems that required a ton of the steps in the original post in this thread). Also, PPjoy is probably not necessary for PCSX2 or other emulators with configurable controls, but I'm not sure.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 01:58 PM by MaJoR.)
06-03-2012 01:56 PM
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

What exactly does "Pressure sensitive" even mean?

06-03-2012 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bmate Offline
Hungarian translator

It means that the buttons on the DS2/DS3 react to how hard you press them. Think of them like the trigger buttons or analogue sticks. i.e. when you only push forward slightly on the analogue stick your character will just walk instead of running. The same can be done with the X button for instance, you push on it with little force and the character walks and if you push harder with greater force the character runs.
06-03-2012 05:51 PM
Ice Queen Zero Offline
Nobody

Other analogy, think about pressing gas pedal in a car...
06-03-2012 05:56 PM
Alexander Offline
★ Blah ★

But why does this matter in PS2 games? Don't they just basically understand either you pressing the button or you not pressing the button, and 1 or 0? I'm going to guess that you can assign controls to pressure sensitivity to rule over what they do.

As for me and analog sticks, I never push them halfway. I either run or I stop.

I suppose I just have no use for pressure sensitivity - I just want standard use of a Dualshock 3 controller on PCSX2.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 05:38 PM by Alexander.)
06-04-2012 05:37 PM
CaveShinobi Offline

(06-04-2012 05:37 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote:  But why does this matter in PS2 games? Don't they just basically understand either you pressing the button or you not pressing the button, and 1 or 0? I'm going to guess that you can assign controls to pressure sensitivity to rule over what they do.

As for me and analog sticks, I never push them halfway. I either run or I stop.

I suppose I just have no use for pressure sensitivity - I just want standard use of a Dualshock 3 controller on PCSX2.

Well. Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid use sensitivity. ZOE is mostly a little gimmick for a subweapon. MGS, on the other hand - you press lightly and Snake aims. You press hard and he shoots.
06-04-2012 06:14 PM

Current time: 11-01-2014, 05:55 AM