PS3 controller
hello

i have installed this driver and it works, and I am using my PS3 controller to play games on PJ64.

But, I am going to buy a pair of bluetooth headphones on my computer, and I have read that with the PS3 controller drivers installed, the PS3 controller will be the only bluetooth device that will work on windows, as only one bluetooth device can be connected at a time, is that right?

Sponsored links

There is a way to use one Bluetooth adapter for other devices, but it requires a different USB slot.

For instance, my keyboard has two USB slots that I use. If I use the left slot, the Bluetooth drivers are the windows default for my Bluetooth headset, but if I use the right slot, SCP-Server drivers are used instead.

You'll want to do something similar so you can continue to use one Bluetooth adapter, with multiple devices.

To do this, you need to make sure you install the Bluetooth adapter into the USB ports before you install SCP-Server. If you already have SCP-Server installed, it will always(I believe always) install it's own drivers instead of Windows Default ones.

If you're in that situation, to fix it, you need to go into the Device Manager on Windows (I'm going to assume you use Windows 7), have your controller on (Bluetooth or wire, shouldn't matter), and find Universal Serial Bus Devices, click it and you should see BTH DS3 Device.

Double Click on BTH DS3 Device, go to the Driver Tab, and click "Update Driver", "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

If "Show compatible hardware" isn't checked, check it. On my page, I see BTH DS3 Device, Generic Bluetooth Adapter and Generic Bluetooth Radio. Click on Generic Bluetooth Adapter and then restart your computer, that USB port should now use the default windows drivers.

Edit: (Making sure this works, so testing it on my setup) Okay, back.... this should work. By doing this correctly, all you need to do is change out which USB ports you use to have certain functionality.

The only other option, for instance lets say you want to play a PC game with your controller, but talk with your friends online, is to use a wire for your DualShock 3 controller or have two Bluetooth adapters; which, I don't know how that would work, I don't believe I've read anything on the main thread about it. Hypothetically, it should just work, two different drivers per adapter, but I personally haven't tried it, so don't go and buy another one until someone can provide experience!
So let me see if I understand it correctly, in order to use two bluetooth devices, I would need two bluetooth USB dongles, one for the PS3 controller, and one for the headphones?
If you absolutely needed to use your DualShock 3 and your Bluetooth Headphones, I believe you would need two dongles. You're better off using a wire on your DualShock 3 though instead, since two Bluetooth adapters is not something most people do.
Wires are out of the question.

Can I ask, what is the reason as to why I need to use two bluetooth dongles, is it a software or hardware issue that prevents me from using both my PS3 controller and a pair of headphones, on the same USB bluetooth dongle?

In any case, I might have to buy one additional USB bluetooth dongle.
Sorry for the late response, it's a software type of "issue", the way the drivers work is that it doesn't allow/can't handle different devices.

Typically, using Windows Drivers, you can have many devices connected to your Bluetooth dongle/adapter no problem. I can have my phone, headset and other miscellaneous devices connected without issue.

The DualShock 3 drivers don't allow this, because it sort of can't handle other types of devices except for controllers. I can have 4 controllers connected to one Bluetooth dongle/adapter no issue, I just can't have a controller and a headset at the same time.

The technical reason for this? I honestly am too ignorant to understand the specifics of why and how, but it just doesn't work.

For the time being, I guess you'll have to deal with playing in silence or not playing with your controller =(.

There might be other controllers that you can use that would allow you to use your headphones and controller at the same time, this is more of a PS3 DualShock 3 controller driver issue.
I see, thanks for clarifying.

Is there any chance that the drivers will be fixed at some point in the future so that I can have both my PS3 controller and my bluetooth headphones connected at the same time?

In the meantime I will just have to grab another bluetooth usb dongle.
(05-29-2015, 02:56 AM)Aldzroth Wrote: I see, thanks for clarifying.

Is there any chance that the drivers will be fixed at some point in the future so that I can have both my PS3 controller and my bluetooth headphones connected at the same time?

In the meantime I will just have to grab another bluetooth usb dongle.

I doubt it. The wrapper hasn't been updated in a while sadly.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]