PS3 software emulation of PS2 vs PCSX2
You start Tongue2

Sponsored links

(08-29-2012, 03:16 PM)petran79 Wrote: has anyone tried Cobra USB?

two notable features

-Integrated support to play PS2 ISO's on CECHC,CECHE, CECHA and CECHB backwards compatible consoles.
-Partial support on other PS3 consoles to play PS2 ISO's via software emulation

particularly this post in the tortuga cove forums, regarding PS2 compatibility

I noticed that the PS3 has it's own software emulator and I'm guessing that's the one you guys are trying to use. Inside the self file for the emulator they mention IDs for a couple of games, some people have mentioned before. I compiled a list of games you guys should check out to see what they do. I have no idea why these games in particular are mentioned in the self file, but maybe these are known to work somehow? Take a look:

Got Cobra USB if you want to ask anything but my PS3 got a YLOD and after the insidents with Sony I'm boycooting everything related to that company so I don't think I'll buy or fix this one.

(09-02-2012, 09:59 PM)Inphi Wrote: Since the next-gen Playstation isn't backwards compatible, shouldn't we start work on emulating the PS3?

Pff, even if the emulation was an easy task for this console, this stupid machine has SOOO many hack-proof measures taken by the even more stupid, or better retarded, mother company Sony that only just reverse engineering some important routines for the emulation would take 3-4 times more developing time than writting the actual dynarec etc for the emulator from scratch.

PS(offtopic):I know what you think but, I can's contain my hate against Sony. What they did recently and in such a short time was what no company was able to do for decades now, strip down people from their human rights by "buying" the law, which is unacceptable. I'm very happy this hit uber-badly their sales on their Playstation brand, they should learn that no act is left without punishment and they should not take for granted their costumers, especialy in a period of crysis.
(09-01-2012, 10:15 PM)tiefputin1 Wrote: @petran79

i see nothing after "Take a look:"

sorry, site has hacks so it is not allowed to post info here. go to Cobra USB support forum to see it. thread title is PS2 Compatibility List (for non-backward compatible PS3) in Support.

(09-01-2012, 10:15 PM)tiefputin1 Wrote: anyways...the only titleid's i've seen are about taking advantage of (an virtual/the) hdd
http://ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Emulation#PS2...package.29

also you can get the standard software emulator running...they resigned the working 2.60 one for 3.55..just replace the files if possible.
according to that page sony updated the software emulator again on 3.70 changing it to ps2_netemu for playstation2 classics from psn.
so it should have improved alot....just sony again milking its cow.

Yes, they added Capcom vs SNK 2 but without netplay support. Wacko
Apparently they were able to crack the emulator and it seems to work for most popular PS2 games. What does this mean for PCSX2 now that we have access to the PS2 emulator for PS3?
it means you win a necromancer award for resurrecting this thread.

Check the date before posting, please.