Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 Specs trevealed
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/04/s...ce=twitter

Quote:The PlayStation 4, reportedly codenamed Orbis, may utilize AMD's A8-3850 APU and Radeon HD 7670 GPU, sources have told IGN, offering the combined performance of both integrated and discrete graphics processors.

Interesting if true, a rather weak processor and a weak GPU, but using what is basically like LuicidVirtu for Intel and it's on-chip GPU.

Should be very easy to develop an emulator for, in comparison to the PS3, that is, if this turns out to be true.
Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHZ, 8GB RAM 1866MHZ, 1080 GTX Strix, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo SSD +  2 1TB HDDs.) Windows 7 64-bit Professional

Sponsored links

Most likely to have a loader kind of thing (like for the Taito arcade) than an emulator me thinks.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
But,it will performe two times better than PC with same spec.
Didn't think they'd make it *that* slow.
Ah well, it's still interesting to see how the new generation will do.
yo. the specs aren't that bad. atleast they are fixed and predictable for developers.

looks like a good thing to have some casual gaming again. Biggrin
at least they're not "turning off" a perfectly good core because of some incompatibility issue+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
With such weak specs they better not be charging more than $300
(04-05-2012, 04:57 AM)synce Wrote: With such weak specs they better not be charging more than $300

250$ most i am not going to buy a console who have the same GPU as my PC and crappy CPU
(04-04-2012, 11:42 PM)xstyla Wrote: yo. the specs aren't that bad. atleast they are fixed and predictable for developers.

Huh?
These specs are way worse than what I would buy in a PC today Tongue2

Edit:
The Radeon 6670 is about as fast as the old Geforce 9800GTX from 2008, to put in in perspective Tongue2
@rama this is a console. meant to be cheap to produce. and don't forget the second gpu on die. this' a good hybrid "crossfire" or kinda similar to VU and GS seperation. maybe you know what i mean. they could code it the same way. but having a lil more pixel power for shading. like leaving all the external gpu unified shaders in per fragment mode while doing all the vertex and tesselation math on the smaller chip and just shove more of geometry over the PCIe and to simply attach at the rasterizer stage of the pipeline. pretty easy to think thru that. it's up to game devs now.