PSCX2 - Help with Settings, my specs are strong
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight Core
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Operating System: Win 7 64 Bit
(If I wanted to Upgrade, should I get more RAM or upgrade my V-Card?)
[Image: 2556309579.png]

Okay so I'll keep it short -

I stream JRPG's
right now Im streaming Tales of Legendia on PCSX2 1.0

here is a picture of my current PSCX2 settings:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2971/...ttings.png

and here are the issues I've encountered, I'm a streamer, so luckily I have in game footage recorded:
http://www.twitch.tv/kawaiikiwix3/b/392494281
at 51:00 minutes in, the framerate drops significantly, from about 60->40~, I managed to fix a lot of my issues I was having before, Im just wondering if I can fix minor things such as these, or if I have some setting on I shouldn't (or vice versa)

26:10 - occassionally the battles will lose 10 framerate too, but its not significant and it doesn't occur Frequently, which is why I've managed to successfully stream with it - but its annoying.

I've streamed tales of abyss, which runs flawlessly, and this is the 2nd game I've tried. any help would be spectacular.
Hope to catch some of you guys around sometime on the channel Laugh

Sponsored links

Putting EE cyclerate at 2 and/or VU cyclestealing at 1 or 2 should resolve the slowdown in this game.

The lesser amount of speedhack you use to get steady FPS the better.

PS: Another thing, depending on the actual video card model you could try 2x or 3x upscale (instead native in GSDX plugin), that should make the image a lot better with little or no impact in the emulation speed.
Imagination is where we are truly real
with my old 5770 I could run most games on 2x Some games like Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 were doable on 1920*1080 (Custom Resolution) but on some parts I had to let it run on Native.
(04-18-2013, 11:23 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Putting EE cyclerate at 2 and/or VU cyclestealing at 1 or 2 should resolve the slowdown in this game.

The lesser amount of speedhack you use to get steady FPS the better.

PS: Another thing, depending on the actual video card model you could try 2x or 3x upscale (instead native in GSDX plugin), that should make the image a lot better with little or no impact in the emulation speed.

Testing this right now. thanks for your advice.

I did EE cyc at 2, VU at 1 and the minor lag Issues seem fixed (Tested a few minor battles, I was having issues with boss fights, so won't know for sure until later on)

2x native on, I don't really notice any change - I suppose thats a good thing?
hovering around 59~ FPS, when the swirl (to enter a battle) comes up, it lags a tiny tiny bit, but much more improved then videos above, almost unnoticeable. TY for your help.

As for my spec question, would any upgrade make a significant difference? (like getting 16 GB of ram (only have 4gb) or upgrading my Vcard (Radeon HD 5700)

EDIT:

Audio Lag, its almost like its choppy/ skipping a bit? otherwise everything is fine.

edit edit: battles seem fine, but cutscenes/ even just dialogue in towns with voiceover is sorta choppy/ skipping a bit
CPU is known to be a but sluggish with this emulator. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2 Only thing that may help with that is overclocking it.

Quote:Z
45.98 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Core i5 460m - 2.53 GHz Stock (Turbo Boost OFF) - frost - CPU-Z
45.74 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD FX-6100 - 3.3 GHz Stock (Turbo Core OFF) - ||dav1de||
45.26 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 - 3.0 GHz Stock (DDR2 800) - Secret Dragoon - CPU-Z
45.07 FPS - SLUS 20672 - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5700 - 3.0 GHz Stock - Secret Dragoon - CPU-Z
44.69 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD FX-4100 - 3.6 GHz Stock (Turbo Boost OFF, DDR3 1600 MHz) - lexm1
44.38 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD Athlon II X2 250 - 3.0 GHz Stock - denimu
44.20 FPS - SLUS 20672 - AMD Athlon II X4 640 - 3.0 GHz Stock - Spikexp - CPU-Z

Which would put it right around the performance of an older intel core 2 duo at stock. Yeah AMD kinda of dropped the ball with the bulldozer cpus
(04-18-2013, 11:53 PM)Topken Wrote: CPU is known to be a but sluggish with this emulator. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2 Only thing that may help with that is overclocking it.

Which would put it right around the performance of an older intel core 2 duo at stock. Yeah AMD kinda of dropped the ball with the bulldozer cpus

that isn't my core. or atleast, I don't even see my model there (it is the newest one)
I have an 8 core...
AMD FX-8350 Eight Core 4.00 GHz... more power then the i7..
its not even on the list, so im confused >_>
the 8320, which is one model below mine, scored a 61 FPS.
so how could mine drop that bad to 44? o-o
They couldn't have dropped the ball that hard, and my core isn't a bulldozer.
Its this one: http://www.amazon.com/AMD-FX-Series-Eigh...=de_a_smtd

edit: I also know nothing about overclocking.
Does anyone have a good tutorial link for information? I'd love to set that up.
edit: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/a...rview.aspx
well, that was easy to find >_>
Cores do not matter considering the emulator uses 3 at the most with the MTVU hack enabled and I was just saying that those had to be overclocked to get any resonable speed out of the emulator so if yours is sitting at stock speeds then yeah the cpu can easily be overwhelmed by heavier games.
(04-19-2013, 12:18 AM)Topken Wrote: Cores do not matter considering the emulator uses 3 at the most with the MTVU hack enabled and I was just saying that those had to be overclocked to get any resonable speed out of the emulator so if yours is sitting at stock speeds then yeah the cpu can easily be overwhelmed by heavier games.
I see. so I should have upgraded my vcard instead of buying an 8 core. SIGH, I went full retard and bought this core for pscx2/ dolphin. QQ, Tears are streaming, you have no idea Sad
well, in regards to overclocking, doesn't it damage your core? Like I said, I know like nothing about it xD
I have a decent case, and it has a fan - but its not as cool in my room or in the case as it could be, those that do OC, do you keep your set super cool or do anything to prevent the core from overheating?
For the audio lag, reduce EE cycle rate.

Most games are lenient with the speedhacks, some are pricky, as general rule, if the game seems laggy and sluggish (image), reduce VU hack, if noticing general sync problems try reducing EE hack.

Don't be afraid to try the best hack combination for the game being played vs machine, just remember, least the amount the speedhacks, better the result.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-19-2013, 01:08 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: For the audio lag, reduce EE cycle rate.

Most games are lenient with the speedhacks, some are pricky, as general rule, if the game seems laggy and sluggish (image), reduce VU hack, if noticing general sync problems try reducing EE hack.

Don't be afraid to try the best hack combination for the game being played vs machine, just remember, least the amount the speedhacks, better the result.

I turned off the 2x native and that fixed the audio issue -
should I re-enable, and lower the hacks, or just keep native 1? I didn't really notice a difference with it honestly >_>