PSCX2 Message - Lilypad
1)''PSCX2 Message''
File couldnt be created or opened.
Then it shows the path where I have my bios placed.
------------------------------------------------------
I get that message when I Boot CDVD(FULL).

I have the PCSX2 0.9.7 beta.

2)When I configure lilypad and try to save rumblepad's buttons i got tha error:
''Error writing configuration file.

Unable to save settings. Make sure the disc is not full or write protected, the file isnt write protected, and the app has permissions to write to the directory. On Vista, try running on administrator mode.''
-----------------------------------------------------

I have the PCSX2 0.9.7 beta.
Windows Xp

Sponsored links

read this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...-Questions
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Same prob here.
I tried running pcsx2 as an administrator, i put the folders into MyDocuments, i even tried some command with Runas and super-administrator for vista.
But nothing change.
I used other plugins to see what happens but still remain the same prob.
I guess it still an administrator problem but is there any way to configure lilypad like it was on the 0.9.6? It worked perfectly for me '(
doesn't the folder have a "read only" attribute ?
Yes it have but it looks like i can't fixe it: it does not save the new settings '( (no error message, but computer set automatically "read only" after i change.)
erase all the inis, untick the read only attribute from your folder, and try again.
This seems to be a semi-reoccurring problem with some users, and I'm not really sure what's causing it or how to fix it. If someone can shed some more light on this subject (ie the specific cause) it'd be great.

So far it does seem to be Windows Vista/7 specific, which really makes me think it's some sort of bizarre UAC issue -- but running PCSX2 as admin really should fix any UAC problems. This continues to fail in spite of that, thus my bewilderment to it's real cause.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Indeed i have UAC desactivated and full administrator option on this folder..
Maybe the issue is the "read only" option, but i can't change it because of an another windows problem (even attrib command does not work to uncheck it).
All other feature in pcsx2 0.9.7 works fine for me, just pad plugins who asks for administrator action (and i can't check if snapstates doing well cause all my keyboard does not work when i start a game).

Edit: problem resolved with ssspsx pad plugin 1.7!
(06-03-2010, 10:22 PM)Air Wrote: So far it does seem to be Windows Vista/7 specific, which really makes me think it's some sort of bizarre UAC issue

I can pretty much say this is not the case as i have the exact same issue on XP. It seems to have started after installing numerous SVN builds in various locations though if that's any help. Also i'm dual-booting XP/Win7 and installed several revs on both of them, probably making a big mess of what ini-files and plugin dirs are actually in use...
then delete every pcsx2 thingy there is in your pc and install 0.9.7 after you clear your pc
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest