PSCX2 Running Slowly
It is already set on native.

I can play L4D2, Portal 1+2, Devil May Cry 4, Counter Strike Source, Oblivion and many other games perfectly no issues on high graphics settings, not even small things like minor screen lag.

Sponsored links

Those games arent emulated ps2 games.
Comparing them is a complete nonsense.
Those games you're talking about are just a piece of czke to run compared to pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well I can run SSBB, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword no problem with Dolphin.
...and now, you're comparing a GC emulator with a PS2 emulator.
*sigh*
it's like saying a motorcycle is stronger than a bottle of beer.
See what i mean ?
Complete nonsense.

To make things clear : try using some speedhacks, one by one.
But you'd better keep playing on your actual PS2 until you can afford a better cpu...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You pushed the idea to compare emulation differences so I used something that can compete. I could have told you I could run Pokemon Red without any lag, but that would be asinine.

I'm not going to bother anymore with PCSX2, seeing as it's obviously not at the point where just anyone could run it. Thank you for the help anyway.
What he meant was that PS2 emulation is much more complicated than Wii/GC emulation. The Wii framework was similar to how a PC works, allowing easier emulation. While the PS2 is far more complicated and different than the PC. The thing is that your CPU clock speed is VERY LOW for emulating PS2 gaems. Which is kinda mind boggling for an i5 to do.

A laptop is not too good for PS2 emulation due to specs issues most of the time.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti