PSOne Widescreen Patches
(09-18-2016, 01:34 PM)El_Patas Wrote: We don't have any patch for the game Silent Hill. If you refer to the integrated widescreen option of emulators like ePSXe contact the forums of
their websites. This thread is for patches, not for the integrated widescreen option of some emulators.

Oh okay. I thought there was a widescreen patch too. Would there be any point in me making one? Would it be any different from the widescreen option in ePSXe? If the flashlight glitch didn't go away then it would be a waste of time.

Sponsored links

(10-09-2016, 02:54 PM)darknessfalls Wrote: I can explain it. Basically prerendered means that what you see on the screen is all that exists. There is no other video information to display. Prerendered backgrounds are like giant, flat photographs on your TV screen and they were designed with old, square shaped monitors in mind. Let's say you draw a square picture of a forest with ms paint. If you decided later on you want that picture to be in widescreen then you have to go back in and manually draw extra stuff on the sides and prerendered backgrounds are the same way. If you wanted SaGa Frontier in widescreen the developers would have to go back and remake the backgrounds with extra stuff on the sides.
You could cheat and cut off part of the top and bottom of the 4:3 image and end up with a 16:9 result. Laugh
(10-09-2016, 02:54 PM)darknessfalls Wrote: I can explain it. Basically prerendered means that what you see on the screen is all that exists. There is no other video information to display. Prerendered backgrounds are like giant, flat photographs on your TV screen and they were designed with old, square shaped monitors in mind. Let's say you draw a square picture of a forest with ms paint. If you decided later on you want that picture to be in widescreen then you have to go back in and manually draw extra stuff on the sides and prerendered backgrounds are the same way. If you wanted SaGa Frontier in widescreen the developers would have to go back and remake the backgrounds with extra stuff on the sides.

But since the backgound it's actually a lot bigger than "just one screen" (i.e. 3 times as big and it just scrolls) shouldn't it be possible? Asking because i'm not sure i'm getting the exact issue.

Also let's say it would be ok to just go with "squished" aspect ratio (making sprites look "fatter") would it be possible?

Thanks a lot.
dell gaming desktop XPS630i

4core Q9600 @ 2,66ghz
dual nvidia 9800
4 GB of ram

Running slow! T_T
(10-09-2016, 03:00 PM)darknessfalls Wrote: Oh okay. I thought there was a widescreen patch too. Would there be any point in me making one? Would it be any different from the widescreen option in ePSXe? If the flashlight glitch didn't go away then it would be a waste of time.

I remember that we found one widescreen code for the Silent Hill game, but unfortunately not worked well, when the camera is moved rotating to the sides
of the character the widescreen is lost, you can try yourself.

Best regards.
(10-11-2016, 04:28 AM)El_Patas Wrote: I remember that we found one widescreen code for the Silent Hill game, but unfortunately not worked well, when the camera is moved rotating to the sides
of the character the widescreen is lost, you can try yourself.

Best regards.

It coud be a start... Is it in your widescreen archives?
dell gaming desktop XPS630i

4core Q9600 @ 2,66ghz
dual nvidia 9800
4 GB of ram

Running slow! T_T
No, is not in the archive, works bad, when moving the camera to the left or right side the same value works like a zoom.
If you make a search in the cheat engine with the 1000 value, you can find the value at the group of the 00B1XXXX.

Best regards.
(10-11-2016, 11:45 PM)El_Patas Wrote: No, is not in the archive, works bad, when moving the camera to the left or right side the same value works like a zoom.
If you make a search in the cheat engine with the 1000 value, you can find the value at the group of the 00B1XXXX.

Best regards.

There's the same thing with alot of games, Vagrant Story is an example. Take my word and don't waste your time on those, it's not a viewport hack, it's just luck hitting a models size hack for some particular camera angles.
Jurassic Park - The Lost World SLES_009031

Code:
80065460 0c00

[Image: Bzn9syW.png]
@Espprial

Thanks Smile
(10-20-2016, 07:10 PM)Esppiral Wrote: Jurassic Park - The Lost World SLES_009031

Code:
80065460 0c00

[Image: Bzn9syW.png]

Thank you very much @Esppiral, Smile added to the archive.

Best regards.