PSOne Widescreen Patches
(07-09-2017, 10:59 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: The last line is ***** it should be 80017C1E A67B

Now it works! I'll try the "Ultrawide" method soon!

Sponsored links

Maybe somebody could update the hacks I did for Legend of Dragoon and Digimon, since I found both 3D scenery and 2D scenery elements values, the last thing it would be missing is correcting the aspect ratio of the prerendered backgrounds, I bet it can be done because there is indeed more stuff to the sides you can't see normally.
Also there was that one RPG game I recall trying to do a widescreen hack and it didn't work. It was one of those 3D games that actually don't work with the Widescreen hack the comes with emulators.
Also, Tekken series is so puzzling. I mean I can't even find a widescreen hack for the arcade versions inside Tekken 5 on PS2. If there was somekind of pattern or value that could be found I guess it would work on PS2 arcade versions too.
Would anyone mind trying to tackle a widescreen hack for Legend of Legaia?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(07-10-2017, 02:53 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Maybe somebody could update the hacks I did for Legend of Dragoon and Digimon, since I found both 3D scenery and 2D scenery elements values, the last thing it would be missing is correcting the aspect ratio of the prerendered backgrounds, I bet it can be done because there is indeed more stuff to the sides you can't see normally.

Prerendered backgrounds are rectangles that have only width and height. These primitives can not be scaled. So there's nothing to be done.
By the way, the framebuffer have size of 384x240. And this is already a widescreen (16:10).
[Image: Man.gif]Meduza Team
(07-10-2017, 08:14 AM)paul_met Wrote: Prerendered backgrounds are rectangles that have only width and height. These primitives can not be scaled. So there's nothing to be done.
By the way, the framebuffer have size of 384x240. And this is already a widescreen (16:10).

You mean that you can't edit the width of the rectangles that the background texture gets applied to? I heavily doubt you can't. The thing is how hard it is or how effective it will be. You might have to edit multiple instances too.
(07-10-2017, 06:51 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: You mean that you can't edit the width of the rectangles that the background texture gets applied to? I heavily doubt you can't. The thing is how hard it is or how effective it will be. You might have to edit multiple instances too.
You did not understand. I can edit the width of the rectangle, but in this case the image inside this rectangle is not scaled. The texture either will be cut off, or will be stick together with the part of adjacent texture in the video memory canvas.

Example:

Still worth the try, it's obvious atleast that there are more stuff on the sides you can't see compared to RE series that what you see is what you get. They have atleast done the job to do textured that expand outside the 4:3 window.
(07-11-2017, 06:42 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Still worth the try, it's  obvious atleast that there are more stuff on the sides you can't see compared to RE series that what you see is what you get. They have atleast done the job to do textured that expand outside the 4:3 window.

In the RE series does not scroll the screen, so these games are hopeless. But if there is a scroll in the LoD, it does not mean that you can increase the visible area by the method that activates the widescreen image. There's only one way out - to increase the size of the framebuffer. But in this game the current size of the framebuffer is solid (384x240). To increase it, there is not enough video memory.

(07-11-2017, 07:33 AM)paul_met Wrote: In the RE series does not scroll the screen, so these games are hopeless. But if there is a scroll in the LoD, it does not mean that you can increase the visible area by the method that activates the widescreen image. There's only one way out - to increase the size of the framebuffer. But in this game the current size of the framebuffer is solid (384x240). To increase it, there is not enough video memory.

An emulator possibly could ignore memory constrains, doesn't hurt to try. Also do you think with that you could find the rest missing Clonoa 2D elements that I couldn't find in memory using that step debugger? They are just the green gems I think. I'm trying it out myself and I'm not exactly sure what to do with the info on the lower right part of the debugger. Also would that be making it easier to find widescreen hacks than my tutorial?
probably going to run into other game RAM or VRAM